As a mother of 3 daughters, you can bet I have watched every girlie princess movie that has ever been made. This of course includes both of The Princess Diaries movies.
I can not believe that The Princess Diaries is already at the 10 year mark! Wow! That totally makes me feel old!
To celebrate they have released The Princess Diaries 2-Movie Collection Bly-ray and DVD Combo! This is the 10th Anniversary Edition of The Princess Diaries! You also get The Princess Diaries 2 and bonus material, including a ‘Find Your Inner Princess’ personality quiz & deleted scenes introduced by director Gary Marshall!
Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway are great together. Anne Hathaway makes a charming princess. I remember when we first watched her becoming Princess Mia. How could you forget that make-over process? My girls loved it all over again! Julie Andrews plays Queen Clarisse Rendaldi. I don’t think anyone could make a better Queen! The movies are both full of lessons and love, oh… and of course tons of fun! Have you ever used a mattress to sled down a staircase?
I love that Princess Mia starts off as an ordinary girl. I love watching the transformation and in the end how she is still herself. These are definitely movies that you can feel good about letting your children watch. If your kids are anything like mine, they will ask to watch them again and again!
In case you have never watched the movies before, here are the synopsis’s of both.
The Princess Diaries:
Mia Thermopolis is the average teenager – sweet, a little geeky and pretty much invisible to everyone with the exception of her mother, best friend Lilly and Lilly’s older brother Michael. Making it through high school without throwing up is a challenge in itself for Mia, so it doesn’t come as welcome news when her estranged grandmother shows up out of the blue and calmly informs her that she is in fact the heir to the throne of a European country called Genovia. Suddenly Mia’s life is thrown into complete overload. She’s being taught about scarves, waves and pears in order to become a perfect princess, she gets a makeover and a tough looking yet sweet bodyguard/limo driver called Joe. Things get out of hand when the media gets a hold of the story and suddenly Mia is thrust into the spotlight in both the newspapers and in school. On top of all that Mia has a choice to make. She must decide by Genovia’s Independence Day Ball whether she longs to relinquish her claim on the throne or to become the princess and heir to the throne and father and grandmother want her to be.
The Princess Diaries:
Starring the irresistible Anne Hathaway and Academy Award winner Julie Andrews (Best Actress, Mary Poppins), this modern-day fairy tale picks up right where The Princess Diaries left off! As future queen of Genovia, Princess Mia (Hathaway) has everything a girl could want – except the magical romance she’s always dreamed of. But soon, Mia’s shocked to discover that she needs to get married right now or her family will lose the crown! Comic complications rule the day in this delightful family story about finding out who you really are and discovering what it takes to make your dreams come true!
Princess Diaries Bonus Features:
- Outtakes and Bloopers
- “A New Princess” Behind-The-Scenes Featurette
- 8 Deleted Scenes – Introduced By Director Garry Marshall
- “The Ultimate Tea Party” – With Audio Commentary By Julie Andrews And Anne Hathaway
- Music Videos
- Livin’ Like A Princess
The Princess Diaries 2 Bonus Features:
- Royal Bloopers
- The PD2 Makeover
- Deleted Scenes – Introduced By Director Garry Marshall
- “Breakaway” Music Video – By Kelly Clarkson
- Find Your Inner Princess – A Personality Quiz
- A Julie and Garry Commentary
One Not So Average Mama reader will win The Princess Diaries 2-Movie Collection Blu0ray/DVD Combo Pack!
Main Entry: Leave a comment below telling me who you will be sharing this movie with if you win.
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before any of the bonus entries. Leave a NEW comment for each bonus entry!
- Follow me on Twitter @stitchblade
- Tweet about this giveaway: “I want to win The Princess Diaries 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack #Giveaway @stitchblade ! http://wp.me/prmOk-4Tn” Leave a comment with the tweet status URL, you may do this up to 3 times per day (Be sure to space them out!). Be sure to leave a comment for each tweet.
- Subscribe to Not So Average Mama, you can do this in the sidebar over yonder…
- Become a fan of Not So Average Mama on Facebook.
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook, please leave a comment with the URL to where you posted.
- Follow me on Facebook Networked blogs located in my sidebar.
This giveaway will end on July 5th, 2012!
I received the DVD’s mentioned above to facilitate this review. No compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Solar Financing Programs: How Do You Pay for Solar Panels? - May 4, 2022
- 3 Things to Keep in Mind About Medical Debt Collections - April 22, 2022
- 4 Reasons Why Custom Engagement Rings Are the Way to Go - March 16, 2022