We hate History textbooks in our home. Why use a boring textbook when you can experience it in real life! That is why the Genghis Khan Exhibit at the Irving Arts Center is an awesome opportunity to experience a bit of history in a way your children and you will actually remember. Honestly…think back to when you were in school. Now dig deep into the depths of your brain and tell me what you remember being taught about Genghis Khan… For most I am sure your answer is “Nadda…..“
Did you know you can schedule a field trip to the exhibit? You can download the field trip form and get it all scheduled. They have study guides available as well that tie into objects, videos and activities within the exhibition and complement lesson plans for history, arts, music and English classes. Enrichment activities are available as part of pre-exhibition, during-exhibition and post-exhibition learning and include word find puzzles, vocabulary, knowledge hunts, story-telling, detailed TEKS objectives and more. See, you can cover a lot more that history with this!
This is a learning opportunity that you don’t want to miss! Imagine the information and ideas you could gather to prepare a LapBook for world history including Genghis Kahn! Here are a few links to get you started.
- Info on Ancient China
- Genghis Kahn Clip art for the cover of your LapBook!
- Here is a page with tons of info on Genghis Kahn to help you with your LapBook
Don’t know what a LapBook is? This site will get you started. It’s fun!
All opinions in this post are my own. This is a sponsored post courtesy of the Irving Arts Center.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Considering a Home Birth? Here are the Common Home Birthing Myths and the Truth Behind Them - August 16, 2019
- 4 Tips for Hiring the Best Painting Contractor for Your Home - August 2, 2019
- 4 Ways You Can Dress for Festivals & Turn Heads This Year - August 1, 2019