Since public school has let out I totally expected to see the neighborhood full of kids. You know outside playing or something? But no, I have barely seen a child outside besides my own. Maybe they are lazy? Maybe there is just nothing for them to do…
There is a dilapidated basketball court in Lake Dallas that would be perfect for the kids, but like I said, it’s dilapidated. What a waste of space! It’s at an abandoned school. The school has just been sitting there empty for who knows how many years. There is even a baseball filed, that would really just need to be mowed. It’s sad to see these spaces just being wasted.
The Sprite Spark Parks Project is a multi-year commitment to build and restore play environments where teens, families and neighbors can get outside and be active. The big idea: play, be active, be inspired and have fun.
The campaign kicked off several weeks ago where readers had the opportunity to nominate their courts and we now need your vote to determine which parks will get the funding. If you want one of those refurbished courts to be accessible for your child, all you have to do is head to The Sprite Facebook Page and VOTE!
To help raise awareness for the voting on the project we are having a giveaway!
One Not So Average Mama reader will win a $50 Nike.com gift card!
Main Entry: Tweet the following, if you do not have twitter then please post to your Facebook wall, “@Sprite is refreshing basketball courts nation-wide. Vote here: http://on.fb.me/fYMiwu #SparkParks” Once you have tweeted or facebooked it, then please leave the status URL in a comment below.
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before doing any of the bonus entries. Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Like Sprite Spark on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Vote for a playground at www.Facebook.com/Sprite, come back here and comment on which court you voted for. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Follow me on Twitter @stitchblade
- Follow Sprite on Twitter @Sprite
- Tweet about this giveaway: “@stitchblade @Sprite Sprite Spark Parks $50 Giveaway! http://wp.me/prmOk-312 #Giveaway #Win” Leave a comment with the tweet status URL, you may do this up to 3 times per day but please space them out! I see people just tweeting one after another, don’t do that. Be sure to leave a comment for each tweet.
- Become a fan of Not So Average Mama on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Become a fan of My Frugal Home on Facebook.
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook, please leave a comment with the URL to where you posted.(Daily Entry! Post it to your facebook everyday and earn an entry each time. Be sure to post a comment with the URL each time.)
- Follow me on Facebook Networked blogs located in my sidebar. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
This Giveaway will end on June 10th, 2011.
As with all of my giveaways (unless otherwise noted) this giveaway is for the US only!
The prize was provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this sweepstakes.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Alcohol-Free Mocktails for Your Next Holiday Party - November 21, 2022
- Tree Maintenance: 5 Pruning Mistakes to Avoid - November 5, 2022
- Dyeing to Know: The Details on Red Dye No. 3 - November 3, 2022