Can you believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner? Once again I am behind and did not get my shopping done by October as I swear I will do every year.
One thing that I do miss about not living in Michigan anymore is family! Around the Holidays we always got together. One thing I looked forward to was the gag gifts. Everyone would draw a name and have to get that person a silly gift. One year when I was about 15 or 16 I was given this huge hoop made from metal. It was as large as a Hula Hoop! My cousins had given it to me and said they thought I was needing new jewelry for my nose piercing. Har Har…those crazies! Gag gifts are so much fun! Nothing expensive, just something to make others laugh and smile.
Do you have a crazy, silly, Holiday Tradition? Sam’s Club wants to know and it could earn you an awesome prize!
All Entries could be featured on the Sam’s Club Holiday Traditions Micro site. Please read the official rules before entering by clicking here.
This is a short running contest so your chances are pretty high! Submission’s close on October 22, 2010 at 11:50pm EST!!
Here is how it goes down:
- To enter the Contest, an entrant must submit a funny/wacky video or essay which addresses “Holiday Traditions and/or Holiday stories”
- To upload the video, participants need to visit the file sharing site at http://Rfi.filesend.us, enter the following address (firstname.lastname@example.org), and attach the video.
- To submit the essay, participants need to send their story to email@example.com.
- In the comment section, participants must provide the following information: first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address.
- The file format of all uploaded videos must be .MP4 or .WMV. The maximum length of the video is THREE (3) minutes.
- The maximum length of all essays is 200 words.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on October 22, 2010
Ok, now that I’ve covered that, lets talk about the prizes!
First let me tell you how the winners will be determined…
Each entry will be judged by a qualified judge or panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final, based on the following criteria: Humor (50%), Innovation and Creativity (25%), Originality (25%). Each of the aforementioned ten (10) blog sites will forward all valid entries to the Sponsor following the conclusion of the Contest. The Grand Prize winners will be selected based on the judges scoring according to the aforementioned criteria. The judges will determine the finalist videos and essays, which may be displayed at www.samsclub.com/holidays, on or after October 25, 2010. All finalists are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
The Grand Prize Video winner will receive a 26” Magnavox LCD 720p HDTV (Approximate Retail Value “ARV” – $279.87).
The Grand Prize Essay winner will receive a Nikon Coolpix S3000 12MP Digital Camera (ARV – $119.88).
So in closing, be sure to read the directions and the terms and conditions!
Sam’s Club provided me with compensation for my participation in the Holiday Traditions Video Campaign.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- DIY Ways to Make Your Home Seriously Safer for Your Kids - November 8, 2019
- 4 Best Websites to Find the Best eLiquid Flavours - November 7, 2019
- Aunt Nellie’s® Celebrates 90th Birthday with National Potluck Party CONTEST - October 22, 2019