Summer of 2021 Will Be An “Unbeetable” Season for Food & Fun
June 21, 2021 – Chicago, IL – While last year was all about “can’t,” this summer is going to be all about “can” – as in CAN-DO, as READ Salads and Aunt Nellie’s invite consumers to dive into their summer “CAN-DO” lists with gusto!
Starting today, the first official day of summer, READ Salads and Aunt Nellie’s, two iconic American pantry staples, are launching their “CAN-DO Summer of ‘21” campaign encouraging everyone to live summer to the fullest! Each week, consumers will be asked to share their summer CAN-DO lists at https://auntnellies.com/can-do-summer/, and one entry will be chosen randomly to win a case each of READ and Aunt Nellie’s products plus a $50 Amazon gift card! Winners will be recognized on the website and in social media, with their activity paired with two delicious summer recipes.
“We are excited to help make this summer the best ever,” said Julia Storie, READ and Aunt Nellie’s marketing administrator. “There are so many great summer activities that are made even better with delicious food, from picnics in the park to beach and pool days to outdoor concerts, camping trips and more. We can’t wait to celebrate everyone’s CAN-DO summer activities and give away great prizes to make this summer even more awesome!”
In addition to visiting the CAN-DO official website for recipes and activity suggestions, https://auntnellies.com/can-do-summer/, consumers can follow the brands on Instagram and Facebook @READSALADS and @AuntNelliesVegetables for more inspiration. Before summer ends, on Aug. 2, all winners will be recognized online with suggested recipe pairings so people can squeeze every delicious taste out of summer.
READ® Salads has been making delicious ready-to-eat salads that taste like homemade since 1935. 3 Bean Salad, 4 Bean Salad, and German Potato Salad can be found in the canned vegetable aisle of the supermarket, along with 4-packs of 3 Bean Salad single-serving cups. They provide important nutrients including dietary fiber, folate, potassium, iron, plant-based protein, and more. All are shelf-stable and gluten-free. Each is delicious on its own and offers great versatility in hundreds of recipes from delicious breakfast casseroles to hearty soups, stews, and craveable snacks. For more information, visit ReadSalads.com.
Aunt Nellie’s, America’s premier maker of jarred beets for more than 90 years, is named for Ms. Nellie Jones, a nationally recognized pioneer in home economics who championed rural homemakers, bringing them the latest scientific research through her role as state leader of the Home Economics Extension. Aunt Nellie’s makes jarred beets and onions in multiple cuts, styles and flavors. All Aunt Nellie’s products are shelf-stable and gluten-free. Visit us at AuntNellies.com. Aunt Nellie’s and READ are owned by Seneca Foods Corporation, based in Marion, NY.
One recipe that’s perfectly portable for picnics and other CAN-DO summer activities is:
Beet, Turkey & Cheese Wrap
Make 4 servings.
- 16 ounces Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets (4, 4-ounce single-serve containers)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (see note)
- 4 slices lavash bread (see note)
- 12 slices deli turkey
- 4 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Drain one 4-ounce Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets single serve container; discard liquid.
- In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and dill until well combined.
- Place one slice of lavash on a clean work surface and spread with 1/4 cup of the dill cream cheese. Top with 3 turkey slices, 1 cup spinach and about 8 orange slices. Sprinkle evenly with diced beets.
- From one of the longer sides, begin rolling the lavash; wrap as tightly as possible.
- Slice in half. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 wraps. Serve immediately.
Notes: If lavash bread is not available, thin, soft flatbread, flat pita bread, or naan can be substituted. 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill can be substituted for dried dill.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment - January 25, 2023
- How to Help Family With Mental Health Issues? - January 3, 2023
- A Perfect Cup of Coffee Every Time – The Mr. Coffee One-Touch Coffeehouse+ Is A Perfect Christmas Gift! - December 20, 2022