Piggy Paint is one of the coolest kids products I have come across in a very long time! My girls were thrilled to test it out! They had a blast and the colors were vibrant and pretty!
Piggy Paint is a safe nail polish choice for kids because it is all natural! There are no toxic chemicals!
After having the chance to use these safe polishes, I will continue to use them for my girls! I had no idea that a natural option like this existed!
- Water-based formula
- Fun, vibrant colors
- Dries to a hard, durable finish
What is NOT in Piggy Paints is formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone.
What IS in Piggy Paints is water, water-miscible acrylic resins and thickeners (well below 100 parts per million), glycol ethers. May contain mica, D&C red lake, ultramarine blue, iron and titanium oxide pigments.
Piggy Paints even offer a safe all natural nail polish remover!
- Made from natural ingredients
- No Acetone
Get rid of harmful, nasty smelling polish removers for good and use Piggy PaintTM Nail Polish Remover, a remover that works quickly on all polishes, especially Piggy PaintTM Nail Polish. The remover is safe to use and contains none of the solvents that could offend your nose or harm our atmosphere. Aloe Vera and Vitamin E are added to supplement the natural oils that protect little one’s nails and cuticles.
Piggy PaintTM Nail Polish Remover contains – Methyl alcohol, butyl diglycol, aloe vera extract, Vitamin E, embittering agent.
I never thought about painting nails being used as a learning tool! What a great idea! Check out these ideas from the website (they have more on the site as well!).
Fine Motor Skills
Let your child paint your fingernails or toenails. If you’re worried about it looking (well, like a child painted your nails), opt for the toenails…you can always put socks on in public! This helps with her fine-motor skills and gives her a chance to exert her independence.
Are you trying to teach your child color names? Paint her nails with the specific color you’re working on (such as red) and declare it a “Red Day”. All day long, point out objects in her environment that match her nails, and encourage her to do the same. Wear red clothes, add red foods to mealtime and use a bath color tablet to make her bath water red. Once she’s mastered that color, paint her piggies a new color.
How was Piggy Paint born?
Melanie Hurley, founder of Piggy PaintTM, is a stay-at-home mom with two little girls, ages 2 and 4, who love to have their fingernails painted.
One day while they were painting nails over a foam plate, her daughter dropped a glob of her solvent-based polish onto the plate. Shortly after, the paint began to bubble and “ate” through the plate! She looked in dismay at the hole in the plate and decided to test all of her other “kid” polishes on the foam. Within minutes, ALL of the solvent-based polishes began to bubble and eventually left big holes in the plate.
Expiration July 15, 2009. 15% off exclusive for my readers on anything on the website including sale items.
Spend $25 and shipping is FREE!
Now for the giveaway!
Piggy Paints is giving one lucky Not So Average Mama reader a $20 gift code!
Main Entry: Visit Piggy Paints and tell me your favorite color of polish that they offer! Leave the color name in a comment below.
- Follow Piggy Paints on Twitter. Leave a comment here with your twitter name after you add them.
- Subscribe to my Enews and Updates in the upper right sidebar, leave a comment letting me know you have completed this step.
- Tweet this giveaway by clicking the twitter button below the post. Be sure to leave a comment with a link to the tweet
- Email your friends and family about this giveaway and CC it to me: brandy [at] notsoaveragemama [dot] com. Leave a comment for your entry
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post. Post your blog link in the comments for another entry!
This giveaway will end Sunday, July 5, 2009.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Choosing the Best: How to Purchase the Right Baby Diaper Bag Online - August 22, 2019
- Considering a Home Birth? Here are the Common Home Birthing Myths and the Truth Behind Them - August 16, 2019
- 4 Tips for Hiring the Best Painting Contractor for Your Home - August 2, 2019