February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day (it’s like the Valentine’s Day for your pets!) and what better way to express your love than with treats! A Peanut Butter Dog Bones Recipe from Carrington Farms is below, using all natural and yummy dog-friendly ingredients.
Dog lovers want the best for their furry companions, and that’s really easy to do when you make your own dog treats. So many treats on the market have questionable ingredients and/or product recalls, making treat time scary.
Peanut Butter Dog Bones Recipe
Making your own treats is extremely easy to do, and your dog will thank you – trust me, mine goes nuts every time I bake a batch. He waits in the kitchen by the oven, it’s hysterical!
Peanut Butter Bones
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon of Carrington Farm’s Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together peanut butter, honey, oil and chicken broth. In a separate bowl, combine flours and oatmeal. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Place dough on flour dusted surface. Roll or press dough out to about 1/4″ inch thick. Use a small bone cookie cutter to cut out cookies. The size is up to you, depending on the size of your dog. Roll out leftover scraps and cut out as many as possible.
- Put cut out cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store at room temp in an airtight container for about a week, or longer if you store in the refrigerator.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- How to Help Protect Your Eyes and Ears This Summer - July 15, 2019
- 4 Types of Evidence You Need to Give Weight to Your Slip and Fall Case - July 12, 2019
- At Home Hair Drug Test at CVS - July 11, 2019