Comments are now closed!
TakeLessons is a great company for booking private music and voice lessons. You can quickly register yourself or student for local private lessons with a TakeLessons Certified InstructorTM at a location near them and participate in local Show What You Know ConcertsTM to showcase their talent. The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered out of San Diego, CA. TakeLessons instructors’ offices and studios are located in over 400 cities across the U.S..
A recent study, published in the journal “Psychology of Music,” shows that music lessons can significantly improve children’s cognitive performance and reading skills. The study was lead by researchers at Long Island University and shows that children who participate in music education involving rhythmic, tonal and practical skills exhibit superior reading skills to their non-musical peers. *
Conducted during a three-year span, the study followed two groups of second-grade students, and concluded that the group who received musical instruction scored considerably higher in verbal and vocabulary proficiency.
TakeLessons is offering one lucky reader 2 free lessons to try them out! This service makes getting music lessons easy for you! No hunting around required! It’s all here for you! All TakeLessons Instructors have been selected based on their educational and professional backgrounds. They only hire knowledgeable, pre-screened and background checked instructors. Having all of this taken care of for you is awesome! No worries!
How to win!
Main Entry: Visit TakeLessons and review the site. Come back here and leave a comment telling me who you would use this for and what sort of lesson you would choose.
Bonus Entries: Be sure to leave a separate comment for each additional entry!
- Tweet this giveaway @stitchblade and leave the link to your tweet
- Become a TakeLessons fan on facebook
- Subscribe to my Enews and Updates in the upper right sidebar
- Blog about this giveaway and post the link here
- Email your friends and family about this giveaway and CC it to me brandy [at] notsoaveragemama [dot] com
This giveaway will end on Saturday July 18, 2009!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Is Your Body Clock Running Too Fast? How Stress Can Age You and What to Do About It - March 29, 2020
- Introducing the Pill Counter: The Ultimate Tool for Accuracy and Precision - March 27, 2020
- Totally Committed: A Comprehensive Guide to Staying on the Road to Recovery After an Addiction - March 24, 2020