We read a lot of books here in our home. Lauren is reading books daily to improve her reading level. I also read to the girls as much as I can get them to sit still for it. This really helps my beginning and young readers to absorb new words as well as grammar.
Reading is the most important thing you can teach your children!
Recently we read a book called Mr. Bo Finds a New Home and a New Name. It’s a book about a cat (yes you all know how I feel about cats, but this books is very cute) that is up for adoption. The book is written entirely from the cat’s point of view.
It truly helped my girls understand the feelings of abandonment, rejection, loneliness and the need for a family not only for animals but children as well. In fact while reading the book they asked questions about adoption. It really was an opportunity for a great dialogue with them on the subject. They have a few friends that are adopted. Also, our pets are adopted as well!
It made a great read aloud book and I would say it would be a good book for reading alone for 3rd graders. The book, written by Timothy Battle, is actually based on a true story! Mr. Bo is his cat! I think that is pretty awesome!
You can buy Mr. Bo Finds a New Home and a New Name on Amazon.
One Not So Average Mama reader will win their very own copy of Mr. Bo Finds a New Home and a New Name! I’m pretty positive that the book is autographed too!
Main Entry: Have you ever adopted a pet? Tell me about them in a comment below!
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before doing any of the bonus entries. Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Like Mr.BoBooks on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Follow me on Twitter @stitchblade
- Follow Kaira Rouda on Twitter @MrBoBooks
- Tweet about this giveaway: “@stitchblade @MrBoBooks Children’s Book Review and Giveaway! http://wp.me/prmOk-3al #Giveaway #Win” Leave a comment with the tweet status URL, you may do this up to 3 times per day but please space them out! I see people just tweeting one after another, don’t do that. Be sure to leave a comment for each tweet.
- Become a fan of Not So Average Mama on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook, please leave a comment with the URL to where you posted.(Daily Entry! Post it to your facebook everyday and earn an entry each time. Be sure to post a comment with the URL each time.)
- Follow me on Facebook Networked blogs located in my sidebar. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
This Giveaway will end on July 20th, 2011.
I received the book mentioned above to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Top Tips for Surviving College Application Season - August 8, 2022
- 5 Ways To Reduce Stress In Your Life - August 2, 2022
- 5 Confidence-Boosting Tips for Your Next Boudoir Session - July 12, 2022