Last Sunday I challenged myself to get on the road to minimalist with a minimalist in 10 weeks challenge. I made a list of places in my home to work on.
- My room: CLOTHING. There is so much in there that I do not wear. Why do I need it? Do I really need 15 pairs of underwear? I DID GET MY CLOSET DONE, still have to tackle the dresser.
Office: DESK. The drawers are full of junk.
- Bathroom: LINEN CLOSET. Get rid of all the old stuff and organize the good stuff.
Kitchen: PANTRY. Purge and organize. Laundry Room: SHELF. Purge and organize the short end shelf stack.
- Living Room: CUBBY UNDER THE STAIRS. It’s packed with who knows what. Time to empty that sucker out.
- Stairs: STEPS. There should be NOTHING on the steps, yet there is…always. It needs to go.
- Emma and Laurens room: BOOKS. I need to purge and organize.
- Morgans room: BOOKS. Purge and organize, I’ll help her.
- Kids Bathroom: UNDER SINK. Purge and organize.
I obviously did not finish my list! It is a lot harder than I thought. I actually worked my tail off and ditched 2 bags of garbage and I have a stack of boxes in the living room that will need to be dropped off at the thrift store drop box today.
So even though I did not complete my list for week one, I am happy with what I got done. It takes time to go through everything you own…working your way towards being a minimalist. It really makes you realize how much stuff you have, and makes you question why the hell you have been hanging on to it.
I can honestly tell you that I probably have over 100 ink pens in my house. Why?? Why do I have over 100 ink pens?
I also tackled an area that was not on my list, my bedroom closet. There is so much more space in there now! I have a feeling I should go through it again and that I can let go of even more stuff.
So instead of making a new list for this week, I am going to continue working on last Sundays list and I will update again on next Sunday.
What did you do this week to simplify your life? Feel free to link your posts about being a minimalist, simplifying life, or general positivity below…
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Violating a Leash Law: These Are Your Rights if the Dog Owner’s Negligence Results in a Bite - December 1, 2020
- Considering Hiring a Private Tutor for your Child? Here Are Reasons You Should - November 27, 2020
- Electric Scooter Safety Guide for New Scooter Users - November 23, 2020