I want to focus this post on starting a conversation with you guys about healthy eating choices for kids. I’m going to tell you to tell you what works for me and then I would love to hear what works for you.
At our house, I simply keep the junk out. Yes, I do buy some goodies. Trust me..the girls are not doing without. These are treats…not an every day occurrence. Some people add a desert to every meal they serve! This is not good for kids. It is teaching them very bad habits!
We also do not buy a lot of prepared convenience foods. We cook most of our meals together. Kids are much more interested in trying a new food if they helped prepare it. When we had a garden, the girls were also more interested in eating the foods they helped to grow and pick. It really does work.
Another way they try new and different healthy foods in Bento! Bento is so much fun to make and eat. If you have a picky eater this might be something you should give a try. It is basically turning food into edible art! It’s pretty awesome!
As a reminder…as part of the program I am happy to announce that they will be providing one of my readers with a gift basket! The basket is a $100 value! It is filled with Looney Tunes products like DVDs, plush toys, green shopping bags and non-perishable Eating Right products.
To be eligible for the gift basket just comment and participate on this 5 week series. I have a conversation starter question below.
What works for you?
Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Safeway, Inc. have teamed up to create a better-for-you line of food products for children, uniting flavor and nutrition with the iconic Looney Tunes characters. The Eating Right Kids food line featuring Bugs Bunny, Marvin the Martian, Daffy Duck and others offers more than 60 items across 18 categories including breakfast foods, produce, portable meals, dairy, snacks, beverages and frozen entrees – making it easy for moms to spot healthier food and beverage items for their kids that taste great.
Items in the basket include:
- Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 1
- Tweety T-shirt from Junk Food
- Looney Tunes plush item
- Looney Tunes stationary or home good
- Eating Right Kids “green” shopping bag from Safeway
- Eating Right Kids post card
- Eating Right Kids Products (non perishable) in a branded lunch box
- Canned Ravioli with Daffy or Microbowl with Tweety
- Tri-color Wheat Rotini with Sylvester and Tweety
- Apple juice with Taz
- Chewy Bar with Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner
Please note: If an item listed in the giveaway prize is not available, it will be replaced it with a similar item of equal value.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment - January 25, 2023
- How to Help Family With Mental Health Issues? - January 3, 2023
- A Perfect Cup of Coffee Every Time – The Mr. Coffee One-Touch Coffeehouse+ Is A Perfect Christmas Gift! - December 20, 2022