Comments are now closed!
Lenora Dame is rethinking vintage. Frequent visits to the flea market, antique shops and auctions inspired her original designs while still keeping that familiar aspect. Her use of old and new together has given her a unique style that is all her own.
One sister has amazing eye for design, the other is the savvy business woman, and together, they are the jewelry collection, Lenora Dame.
Early on, the “fashionable” sister, Lenora, a collector by nature, found herself with a cache of vintage buttons. Works of art in their own right, she recognized how easily they could translate into jewelry. Original designs were almost exclusively made from vintage buttons and were one-of-a-kind creations, Victorian metals, bakelite, celluloid and glass were among favorite materials. She slowly began incorporating eclectic combinations of old and new materials, wood, glass, textiles, found objects, lucite, paper and twine to create stand out pieces for the bold spirited, while including more subtle combinations for the less daring. Dame, sister number two, saw great potential in her sister’s designs and decided to put her marketing skills to work and introduce the brand to the consumer.
The Dame Sisters has something for everyone within the three collections they offer.
- The Bohemian Collection for the uninhibited consumer, where one will find necklaces great for layering and bangles to stack up the arm.
- The Retro Collection is more forward and familiar- items one would only dream of finding at a flea market or in grandmother’s jewelry box.
- The Romantic Collection is quite simply stated, ladylike, with more delicate with subtle palettes, and includes pieces made of lace, pearls, crystals and satin.
Lenora Dame jewelry and accessories are available at www.lenoradame.com as well as select boutiques across the US and abroad.
One lucky reader can win this Fly Locket from the Bohemian Collection.
It is very pretty and also functional. The locket is something I myself would wear if it was smaller. This piece of jewelry is large for the woman who likes bold jewelry. While it is large, the design and distressed detail still portray a more delicate piece that is not overpowering. The jewelry is well made and obviously a designer piece.
This locket retails for $72 and I will give this to one of you!
Visit Lenora Dame and browse the jewelry, choose your favorite piece. Leave me a comment linking me to the one that is your favorite.
- Subscribe to my enews and updates in the upper right sidebar, comment letting me know you did.
- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet this by clicking the Twitter button below the post and add @stitchblade to the tweet, comment again letting me know with your twitter name.
- Email your friends with a link to this giveaway and CC it to me @ Brandy [at] notsoaveragemama [dot] com, then comment here letting me know.
- Fave me on technorati with the button below this post and comment again letting me know.
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post, comment again with the link to your post.
- Add my button (located in the sidebar) to your site and leave me a comment linking me to where it is posted
This giveaway will end on June 9th 2009 and is only valid in the US and Canada.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Top Tips for Surviving College Application Season - August 8, 2022
- 5 Ways To Reduce Stress In Your Life - August 2, 2022
- 5 Confidence-Boosting Tips for Your Next Boudoir Session - July 12, 2022