CLOSED, Winner was Storm!
I don’t have an iPhone. For some reason Sprint and the iPhone haven’t started a relationship yet. It bites. But I do have the iPod Touch and that little baby is my brain! With all I have going on with Meds, Appointments, Pain Diary, etc…it is all there and so much more!
I also use it to entertain the girls while waiting for appointments, or when they ask to play it. Everything on there is fun as well as educational for them. There are tons of apps that are perfect for toddlers on up. Some of my favorite Apps for the girls are:
- Bug Builder
- Sam’s Remote (iCarly)
- Teach Me Kindergarten
- Matching Zoo
- Spell That
- Vocab 4-6
- ABC Maze
- FlashToPass Free
- AlphaBaby Free
These are all skill building games, the girls have a lot of fun playing them and are always asking for my iPod. It really comes in handy while waiting at places for appointments and such.
A few days ago, Mom Central introduced us to My Living Stories. These animated storys bring both new stories and classics to life on the iPhone and iPod Touch. The artwork, narration and interactive features are loved by the girls. It’s easy enough that they can read along by themselves without any help from me. If you wanted you can record your own voice to go along with the story (this feature requires an iPhone or iPod Touch with microphone capabilities).
The My Living Story classic stories include:
- Princess & the Pea
- King Midas
- The Tortoise & the Hare
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
As part of the My Living Stories Blog Tour, I was able to try out 3 of the 5 My Living Stories apps. Little Red Riding Hood, King Midas and The Tortoise and the Hare.
Love it! The girls have listened to the stories over and over and that is just great. Repetitiveness helps with the learning process. Especially with reading! I would love to get some more stories on my iPod for them.
Win a $25 iTunes card!
Contest is open to USA and Canada. Readers may enter the contest on multiple blogs but are only eligible to win one iTunes gift card as part of the My Living Stories contest.
Main Entry: Leave a comment telling me which My Living Stories story you would like to have the most.
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before doing any of the bonus entries.
- Follow me on Twitter @stitchblade
- Tweet about this giveaway: #MyLivingStories @stitchblade $25 iTunes GC Giveaway http://bit.ly/be0oHn Leave a comment with the tweet status URL, you may do this once per day. Be sure to leave a comment for each tweet.
- Become a fan of Not So Average Mama on Facebook.
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook, please leave a comment with the URL to where you posted.
- Follow me on Facebook Networked blogs located in my sidebar.
- Subscribe to my Enews and Updates located up yonder. Leave a comment letting me know.
This Giveaway will end on August 6th, 2010 at noon.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Top Tips for Surviving College Application Season - August 8, 2022
- 5 Ways To Reduce Stress In Your Life - August 2, 2022
- 5 Confidence-Boosting Tips for Your Next Boudoir Session - July 12, 2022