Back in July I posted about Bluebird and how I was going to be working with them. It took awhile to work out the kinks on my account, but in the process I learned somethings that may help you sign up easier. Before you even attempt to sign up with Bluebird you will need to cancel your Serve account. When they told me this I was clueless about having a Serve account. After some investigating I learned that my sign up issue was because I had an old Revolution Money Exchange account from many years ago that I was no longer using. Revolution Money Exchange became Serve and that is where the confusion came from. Once we got that figured out, all I had to do was wait for the account to clear out of the system and I was able to sign up for my Bluebird account.
Bluebird.com is a checking and debit alternative, brought to us by American Express and Walmart. You can make Direct Deposits, pay bills online and even add checks with the Bluebird mobile app. There are no annual, monthly, or overdraft fees and no minimum balance requirements.
I received my card right in the middle of moving, so I had to put it aside until we got settled. We still are not completely moved in, but just the other day I added funds to my card. It was super easy! I was out shopping at Walmart and I had some cash left after my shopping trip. I went to the customer service desk and in only a minute those funds were added to my card.
My plan for the funds on the card? My dental work! I think this is a great way for me to save up the money needed to finish the much needed work for my teeth. I plan to set up a direct deposit to the card as well as continue to put any extra cash I have towards the card as well. This should help me out tremendously, especially since there are no fees! I can use the SetAside account feature to help me reach my goal!
SetAside is a brand new feature. I didn’t see it when I signed up and I am thrilled to see it there now! It is designed to help you put money away for future spending goals! The goals could be a family vacation, holiday shopping, or something like my dental work.
- Easily move funds from your main Bluebird Account into your SetAside Account with one–time or recurring transfers
- Avoid unintentional spending to reach your goals faster, since you can’t spend directly from your SetAside Account
- Your funds, your choice – when you’re ready to spend, instantly move the funds back into your main Bluebird Account – 24/7
Seriously, look at all the options I have to get to saving!
- Add all or part of your paycheck or government payments with Direct Deposit
- Add checks with the Bluebird mobile app on your iPhone® or AndroidTMdevice
- Transfer money from your checking or savings account
- Add cash at virtually any Walmart checkout register
When I get my dental work done, paying will be easy!
- Pay any bill – from your car payment to your phone bill – at no fee*
- Save money and time – no stamps, envelopes, or trips to the Post Office
- Make payments at Bluebird.com or on the go with the Bluebird mobile app
I also have plans to set up a sub-account for Morgan. This will be a great way to make sure she has money when she needs it! She can just call or send me a message and I can send the funds right to her card!
Jeremy just completed a job and when I was depositing the checks I noticed they were from Bluebird! That of course got me interested in that feature as well.
- With Bluebird Checks you’re protected from overdraft.
- Write Checks* for the things you need, such as rent, a doctor’s visit, or school fundraiser.
- Just pre-authorize the check online or with the Mobile App before you write it, and you know the check will be covered when cashed.
- There are no overdraft or stop payment fees.
- Plus, you never have to spend time balancing your checkbook, since funds are immediately deducted from your Account when you pre-authorize
I think I am going to love Bluebird! Have you checked it out yet?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored campaign. All opinions are my own. I will post an honest review of the services provided.