Making a bed may sound like a simply task, after all, it’s a job we do every day (well most people above 21 do in any case). However making up the perfect bed for the dream sleep requires a little skill, so here we walk you step by step through putting together the perfect bed for the best night’s sleep.
1. Grab your clean linen (air dried outside for ultimate freshness). This should include the following:
- Mattress topper
- Fitted sheet
- Blanket (weight to suit the current season)
- Quilt or duvet
- 2 standard pillows
- Over sheet (optional)
- Cushions (optional)
- Throw (optional)
- Bed skirt (optional)
2. Face up to the need to iron
The perfect bed that will provide the most comfort is one that has crisp sheets, and unfortunately this means that you’ll need to iron your linen, sorry!
3. Place the mattress topper onto the bed
If the mattress topper isn’t new and has been on the bed for a while then it may be a good idea to turn it over.
4. Put the bed skirt on, straighten and stroke out the creases
5. Place the fitted sheet over the topper
Be sure to pull the sheet so that it’s free from creases and tuck it under the mattress.
6. Apply the flat sheet
Here’s the most difficult part of making up the perfect bed; you’ll need to ensure that the flat sheet is centred properly, free from creases and tucked in properly. To keep it in place you need to ‘turn’ the corners so that the sheet can be folded under the mattress and kept secure.
7. Place the blanket over the sheet
Place your blanket on top of the flat sheet, ensuring that there is space at the top left open so that the blanket doesn’t overlap the duvet or reach the pillow area.
8. Tuck the blanket under the mattress
9. Turn down the sheet with the blanket
Turn the sheet and blanket over at the top so that there is space for your pillows and then tuck them under the mattress again.
10. Plump and place your pillows
Place your pillows into their pillow cases ensuring that the label end goes in first. Plump your pillows up a little and place them on your bed in the order of the most comfy and which pillow you wish to directly sleep on.
11. Finish your bed with the throw of your choice
Throws are great for adding an extra layer of warmth during winter months. When placing it on your bed fold it over so that it covers the lower third of your bed.
12. Take it for a test run
Your bed should be looking pretty good by now so it’s now for the fun part; take it for a test run and go for a snooze!
Hopefully this guide has shown you that whilst bed making is a little more complex than you probably imagined, it’s a relatively straight forward process; and what price can you put on the perfect night’s sleep?
The content above was submitted as a guest post. Photo is by Drift Words.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Vegetable Glycerine vs. Propylene Glycol: Cutting Through the Fog - December 12, 2019
- Fix our Finances with Alamo Associates - December 6, 2019
- Making Your Home Clutter-Free - December 4, 2019