I love Thanksgiving! The best foods of the year are served at Thanksgiving! Candied Yams are my favorite! Homemade stuffing coming in a close second…
We got a head start on dinner table decor today by making a centerpiece with painted candles! It was a really fun project and I was able to get the kids involved. It turned out pretty fantastic! Looks like something you would spend a pretty penny on, but didn’t cost much at all to make.
We were able to get everything we needed at Walmart. You can see our shopping trip on my Google+. Feel free to add me while you are there.
You will need:
- Candles of your choice. We used Better Homes and Gardens.
- Something to put the candles on. I used a discounted Better Homes and Gardens decorative Charger that was in with the Thanksgiving decor at Walmart. It was only like $2.00.
- Decorative fall items. Mine were in the Holiday decor. Dried Fruit & Pinecones from Better Homes and Gardens There was so much crammed in the box that I was able to decorate our mantle with the left over items.
- Flake Sand
- Elmer’s Paint Markers
- Glitter Pens
On the two smaller candles I painted a branch with fall colored leaves. I did this by painting a small dot of green, then on one side I added orange and then yellow on the other. I did all this quickly while the paint was still wet so that they would blend well.
On the larger candle I painted some falling leaves and a small pile of leaves near the tree at the bottom. Be sure to watch where you hold the candle so that you don’t smear your paint, it may still be a little wet.
Next Lauren used gold and orange glitter paint pens to put dots of glitter on the candles. This turned out so pretty and was easy for her to do! We also added a little glitter paint to the top rim of the candles as well. You will be able to see that in the assembled photos.
So? What do you think?
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Elmer’s #gluenglitter #collectivebias #CBias . All photos, ideas and opinions are my own.
Be sure to check out this how to as well!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Solar Financing Programs: How Do You Pay for Solar Panels? - May 4, 2022
- 3 Things to Keep in Mind About Medical Debt Collections - April 22, 2022
- 4 Reasons Why Custom Engagement Rings Are the Way to Go - March 16, 2022