I was looking for some simple things to do with the girls with things we have around the house. I am kicking off January as a NO SPEND month to go along with my 10 ways I plan to save money in 2013! So, we decided to make hanging yarn hearts since Valentine’s Day is the next holiday to head our way.
First we had to gather our supplies for our hanging yarn hearts. That was simple, since you do not need too much for this project.
- Yarn in the color that you like. Ours was pink and happened to be in my sewing dresser so no charge!
- Wire. Ours was stolen from Daddy’s garage, no charge.
- Wire Cutters. Also stolen from Daddy’s garage.
- Scissors, not pictured. We already have about 20 pairs in this house, no charge.
First step is to cut the wire in different lengths and bend into heart shapes.
Super easy right? Just twist them together in the center. Then just cut some long lengths of yarn, tie it to the heart shaped wire and begin wrapping it back and forth, looping it around each side as you go. When you have it the way you like, just tie it off at the top where you would like it to hang from and leave a long enough piece to loop for hanging. That’s it!
Now hang your hanging yarn hearts up and let them pretty up your house!
Let me know if you make them! Be sure to subscribe for more fun ideas to come!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- A Catastrophic Car Crash Can Lead To PTSD: Recognize These Symptoms? - September 17, 2021
- What Is the Difference Between Preventive and Preservative Bridge Maintenance? - September 1, 2021
- 7 Tips for Surviving Wisdom Tooth Extraction - August 26, 2021