On Saturday, November 12, 3PM, the Help the Homeless Walk & 5K will be held at the Fair Park Band Shell. Funds raised benefit The Bridge homeless assistance center. It’s a great event for the entire family. In addition to getting your daily exercise, there will be lots of fun, food and music.
- The North Texas Patriot Guard will lead off both the walk and run.
- The presentation of colors will be led by the 4th Air Wing Honor Guard, Texas State Guard
- Slappy and Monday (from Slappy’s Puppet Playhouse fame) will be on hand…a great opportunity for the kids to say ‘hi’ to the affable clowns.
- Dallas’ favorite band, Emerald City, will be bringing us the toe tapping tunes.
- Great, free food samples from Tiff’s Treats (yummy cookies), Little Caesar’s, Community Coffee, Pepsi, Powerade, Clif Bars, and Frito Lay.
- Fun, interactive games, face painting and more!
Check out www.HelpTheHomelessDallas.org.
What is extremely important about this event is that it is honoring our homeless veterans. 1 in 5 members of the homeless population are veterans and 20% of veterans coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan are expected to be homeless.