I’m not quite finished with the book, almost though! I really wanted to finish it before posting, but alas…deadlines. Anyhow, this is definitely one of those books that you don’t want to put down. You know, the book that makes you pretend to need to use the bathroom so that you can lock the door and be alone for some reading time. The book that has people wondering just how often do mommies need to go potty…
Each page has you quickly turning to the next, even if you can barely keep your eyes open. Kelly Mills Johnson is the main character in Here, Home, Hope by author Kaira Rouda. Kelly is definitely a character that most stay at home moms can relate to.
Kelly is getting older, her kids are getting older…she needs a purpose. She needs more, that doesn’t mean she is not happy with her life…she just needs more. She is also thrust in the middle of some drama that no one wants to go through.
Kelly is a very likable main character. You want to invite her into your home for coffee and just chill out watching movies. She is that friend you want to have and want to be.
<center><iframe width=”560″ height=”349″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/JRcsMDKlccY” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe></center>
The story is told in such a way that you feel like you are there with the characters. It’s humorous, it’s thoughtful, it’s emotional.
Kelly Mills Johnson becomes restless in her thirty-ninth year. An appetite for more forces her to take stock of her ordinary middle-American existence and her neighbors’ seemingly perfect lives. Her marriage to a successful attorney has settled into a comfortable routine, and being the mother of two adorable sons has been rewarding but exhausting. Meanwhile, Kelly’s own passions lie wasted. She eyes with envy the lives of her two best friends, Kathryn and Charlotte, both beautiful, successful businesswomen who seem to have it all. Kelly takes charge of her life, devising a midlife makeover plan.
You can find out more about the book and author on her website. Click to find out where you can purchase the book. If you would like to meet the author, you could do so at one of her many book signing events!
One Not So Average Mama reader will win a signed copy of Here, Home, Hope!
Main Entry: Tell me in a comment below what changes you have made in your life since you and your children have gotten older.
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before doing any of the bonus entries. Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Like Kaira Rouda Books on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Follow me on Twitter @stitchblade
- Follow Kaira Rouda on Twitter @KairaRouda
- Tweet about this giveaway: “@stitchblade @KairaRouda Here, Home, Hope Book Review and Giveaway! http://wp.me/prmOk-34H #Giveaway #Win” Leave a comment with the tweet status URL, you may do this up to 3 times per day but please space them out! I see people just tweeting one after another, don’t do that. Be sure to leave a comment for each tweet.
- Become a fan of Not So Average Mama on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Become a fan of My Frugal Home on Facebook.
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook, please leave a comment with the URL to where you posted.(Daily Entry! Post it to your facebook everyday and earn an entry each time. Be sure to post a comment with the URL each time.)
- Follow me on Facebook Networked blogs located in my sidebar. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
This Giveaway will end on June 20th, 2011.
I received the book mentioned above from the One2One Network to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- 5 Elements to Consider When Creating Your Outdoor Oasis - January 14, 2020
- How Can You Make A Noisy Lifter Sound – Proof? - January 13, 2020
- When you Have a Car Accident - January 5, 2020