Presidents Day is February 20th! Here are some facts for the kiddos!
- A minimum of 300 billion portraits of Abraham Lincoln have been created – that’s how many pennies have been made since 1787.
- Sixth President John Quincy Adams had a pet alligator that lived in a bathtub at the White House.
- The first President born a U.S. citizen was Martin Van Buren. His birthday was December 5, 1782, making him the first president born after the Declaration of Independence was signed.
- John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were the only presidents to sign the Declaration of Independence, and they both died on its 50th anniversary, July 4, 1826.
- Nine presidents never attended college, including Washington and Lincoln. However, Lincoln was an avid reader and self-educated.
- At 6′ 4″, Abraham Lincoln was the tallest U.S. President. The shortest, James Madison, was 5′ 4″ tall.
- When he became President, George Washington had only one tooth. He wore dentures made of human or animal teeth, ivory and lead, but never wood.
- George Washington is the only president that never lived in Washington, D.C. during his presidency.
- Andrew Jackson was the first president to have been born in a log cabin, and the first to ride a railroad train.
- Ronald Reagan was the oldest president inaugurated (age 69); the youngest was John F. Kennedy (age 43)
The information above was provided by Kiddie Academy, a national education-based childcare provider.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment - January 25, 2023
- How to Help Family With Mental Health Issues? - January 3, 2023
- A Perfect Cup of Coffee Every Time – The Mr. Coffee One-Touch Coffeehouse+ Is A Perfect Christmas Gift! - December 20, 2022