The four main symptoms of CRPS/RSD are:
- Chronic burning pain – includes allodynia; extreme sensitivity to touch, sound, vibration, wind, and temperature.
- Inflammation – this can affect the appearance of the skin; bruising, mottling, shiny appearance, blotchy or pale appearance, and tiny red dots are some examples.
- Spasms – in blood vessels and muscles of the extremities, called vasoconstriction.
- Insomnia/Emotional Disturbance – (including limbic system changes such as short-term memory problems, concentration difficulties, and irritability).
There are also other things that come along with it. It is truly a life changing condition. It is something I deal with everyday, some days are much worse than others. No, it isn’t like Fibromyalgia (disclaimer: I am by no means saying anything against Fibro, just saying that CRPS/RSD is different). This, though sometimes labeled as such, is not an invisible disease. You can most definitely see it!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- What Should You Know About The Endocannabinoid System? - July 31, 2020
- Reasons To Hire A Family Practice Attorney - July 28, 2020
- 5 Easy Things You Can Do in Your Kitchen to Keep Pests Out - July 23, 2020