The four main symptoms of CRPS/RSD are:
- Chronic burning pain – includes allodynia; extreme sensitivity to touch, sound, vibration, wind, and temperature.
- Inflammation – this can affect the appearance of the skin; bruising, mottling, shiny appearance, blotchy or pale appearance, and tiny red dots are some examples.
- Spasms – in blood vessels and muscles of the extremities, called vasoconstriction.
- Insomnia/Emotional Disturbance – (including limbic system changes such as short-term memory problems, concentration difficulties, and irritability).
There are also other things that come along with it. It is truly a life changing condition. It is something I deal with everyday, some days are much worse than others. No, it isn’t like Fibromyalgia (disclaimer: I am by no means saying anything against Fibro, just saying that CRPS/RSD is different). This, though sometimes labeled as such, is not an invisible disease. You can most definitely see it!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- How to Help Protect Your Eyes and Ears This Summer - July 15, 2019
- 4 Types of Evidence You Need to Give Weight to Your Slip and Fall Case - July 12, 2019
- At Home Hair Drug Test at CVS - July 11, 2019