I’m not a mom that thinks every kid should have a cell phone to just chit chat on wherever whenever. I do think that cell phones for kids do have a place. I think it is great for moms that have kids in many activities. I also think it would be great to have one that was set up truly for emergency only. I think it would be great not to buy a full plan, but to be able to purchase something as you need it when you need it.
kajeet let’s you do just that. We were given a kajeet to check out and give our opinion about. Now, I still don’t think kids need cell phones just to have one. I do think that for safety they can be great. Kid’s that have to come home alone after school, activities, sleepovers, trips, etc. Great reasons for a phone. The kajeet allows you to set up a wallet and place money in the wallet of your child. They can then use that money in the wallet to buy the plans they need. You can purchase plans starting at only $4.99 a month for 10 min. Perfect for an emergency situation! They even have a GPS locator that you can activate for $9.99 a month.
I was very impressed. After being begged by my daughter for a cell phone and getting this to try, she was very responsible and mature with the phone. They have phones starting out at $24.99. They actually have some pretty awesome sales right now on the phones and you can get one for less than $24.99! Morgan received the phone pictured here. She was able to read the manual and figure it all out on her own. She taught herself to save phone numbers, text, etc. This will be something we will continue to use for safety and necessity reasons.
The selling points for me are:
- kajeet is a pay-as-you-go service. No contracts, no activation fees, no surprise bills.
- Every kajeet phone gets these controls for FREE. Manage who your kid can talk to and text, what time of day the phone can be used (but make exceptions for calls to Mom), how much money can be spent, and what features can be used.
- kajeet is the only cell phone service that puts kids first.
What would I like to change about kajeet? I would love it if the minutes that were unused rolled over. For this first month we got a plan that had a lot of minutes, a lot of minutes were unused and expired. I’m one that does not like to throw things away and really wish they would carry over to the next month.
Other than that I think the set up is great and can help teach a kid some great responsibility. The online wallet is a great tool and incentive for rewards as well!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment - January 25, 2023
- How to Help Family With Mental Health Issues? - January 3, 2023
- A Perfect Cup of Coffee Every Time – The Mr. Coffee One-Touch Coffeehouse+ Is A Perfect Christmas Gift! - December 20, 2022