This post brought to you by Boar’s Head. All opinions are 100% mine.
I am not much of a meat eater, but when I do have something like a lunch meat, I choose Boar’s Head. It tastes fresh and natural. Some of the other Deli meats seem slimy to me and I just can not stomach it.
Boar’s Head heart-healthy deli meats make a great choice. On the website they have some certified heart healthy meals with good for you heart healthy recipes prepared using Boar’s Head. I am looking forward to trying the Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken and Endive Salad. It only has 219 calories, 15g of fat, 2.5g of saturated fat, og of trans fat, 34 mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium and a 15g protein. It looks so good!
I also want to try the Ovengold Turkey Spaghetti Squash Tumble. Just look how yummy it looks!
Doesn’t that look so good?
- 1 small Spaghetti squash
- 1 TBSPOlive oil
- 1 LRG.Garlic clove , crushed
- 2 TBSPFresh basil , chopped
- 1 TBSPFresh parsley , chopped
- ¼ CUPPeas, frozen , defrosted and drained
- ¼ CUPTomato , diced
- 5 OZOvengold® Roasted Breast of Turkey , diced
- Boar’s Head Parmigiano-Reggiano , to taste
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Cut each half into equal pieces.
- Place squash into a steamer basket in a Dutch oven with water and cook on high to steam until tender (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
- Using a fork, remove the squash strands from the shell; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, basil, parsley and squash; toss lightly to coat.
- Add the peas, tomatoes and turkey. Lightly sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
As we get older, we really need to focus on taking care of our heart. I had a friend die a year ago, he was only a few years older than me and suffered 2 heart attacks, the last one took his life. There are plenty of great foods and recipes out there and we need to make better choices.
Which recipe do you want to try?
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Choosing the Best: How to Purchase the Right Baby Diaper Bag Online - August 22, 2019
- Considering a Home Birth? Here are the Common Home Birthing Myths and the Truth Behind Them - August 16, 2019
- 4 Tips for Hiring the Best Painting Contractor for Your Home - August 2, 2019