Well, maybe “hate” is a bit harsh. Nah, it’s not. Below you will find a list of things that make me want to pull my hair out when I am visiting blogs…
I want to send my little Zombie after you!
Before you get pissy, this is not towards any one person. This is a collection of things that drive me batty, cause my head to spin and me to lose large clumps of my hair.
If you’re mad, then I’m sorry…this post was made in good fun, even though I hope some will make the changes!
All I really wanted to do was leave a comment for you…but you made it hard. Simple things are nice. Be simple, help me out!
- Captcha, I don’t understand why you need it. Please tell me… Wouldn’t it be easier to use Akismet? I know it would be easier on me if you did. I have some slight brain damage going on over here and trying to figure out your darn captcha is sizzling even more of my brain cells away. Be kind, take it away.
- Google Friend Connect as an entry in your giveaway. Again, why? What purpose does it serve? Half the time it isn’t even pulling up on your site…but you want me to change browsers so I can see it?
- That tricky little box that you have auto checked when you make me add you on Google Friend Connect that automatically subscribes me to your blog if I don’t see it in time to uncheck it. That is SO wrong! I feel violated when I am tricked into subscribing. Picture me screaming no no no as I notice it after I hit submit. Not cool. (**Edited to add** Before anything gets out of hand because of my terminology and the way different people may read it… while writing this post (and even typing that sentence), never once was I thinking rape as in sexual assault. When I said rape I was referring to the actual meaning. An example being an act to seize, take, or carry off by force. Such as saying “the rape of the countryside.” or “he was raped on that deal”)
- That same subscribe box hidden and auto checked under the comment box. Yes….you must stop this trickery! I commented thinking I could trust you. Why betray me?
- Blogger.com users that do not enable Name/Url as a comment option. Am I not good enough? I let you share your info on my site, don’t you wan’t my number too? I feel like you’re saying “wham, bam, thank you ma’am” and you don’t even want to call me or know anything about me!
I’m sure there are things about my site that you dislike or maybe even hate. It’s alright, I’m open to feedback.
Girl on Fire
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment - January 25, 2023
- How to Help Family With Mental Health Issues? - January 3, 2023
- A Perfect Cup of Coffee Every Time – The Mr. Coffee One-Touch Coffeehouse+ Is A Perfect Christmas Gift! - December 20, 2022
hmmm lol…I am guilty of the GFC thing..I don’t know why I have it…and I don’t know that it does me any good….I think I should have listened to you the first time….
I agree with all of them though!
it’s ok! I still love you 😛
Amanda gilbreath says
The post was not bad and clearly made with good intentions. The only thing I did not enjoy was the camparison to date rape. I assure u it is not similar at all. I don’t truly believe u feel that way. I just feel the need to say something as I do have a couple friends/family that have experienced rape…a terrible thing.
You know honestly writing the post I was not even thinking “date rape” in the way you are reading it. “Date” as in I was there to visit you, “Rape” as in to seize by force. I’ll add that definition to post, surely no one thinks I am comparing to a sexual assault.
Amanda gilbreath says
I knew what you meant 🙂
i totally agree:) the captcha-thing makes me always upset, there are some pictures, that are unable to read, a try it once, twice, maybe for the third generation it is recognizable. but i think with this feature the blogger loses some comments. stupi captchas:)
I hate when boxes are auto checked then I get comments that were left after me in that post. I hate it hate hate hate. And captcha. And other things.
Stephanie M says
I hate these things too!!
Shan @ Last Shreds Of Sanity says
I have no idea if my GFC is auto-clicked or not, much less how to fix it. LOL I do have that as an extra entry option on giveaways, though. And I thought that GFC auto-subscribed everyone to the reader and there was no way to change it.
The Blogger thing…Ok, when I was on Blogger – what tow years ago now? – There was no way to moderate comments and you could not find IP addresses or anything if you enabled anonymous comments. If that has now changed, then there should be no reason to block anonymous comments. LOL
About Akismet? Did you know that they are now charging people to use the plugin? That may be why some don’t have it now.
PS: That zombie sure is cute. What does she eat? 😀
I cant stand captcha. Its enough for me not want to even comment on a blog ever.
Anne-Marie @ This Mama Cooks! says
Google Friend Connect is so….last year. Even last several years ago. I’m shocked that Google hasn’t gotten rid of it like Google Buzz, especially when they’e trying to switch everyone over to Google+.
And on a personal note, my kids should have been zombies this year, too. All they do is moan and groan!
@PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman says
Sing it sister! I’m with you. That word verification drives me batty. Oh and #5! All my comments come to my email and I like to respond back if they let me. Arg! lol
Hi. I just found this post. I know I’m commenting on it really late, so I’m not even sure you’ll get this, but I thought I’d give it a shot.
So, I just started a blog and I’m new on blogger and I have the little “google friend connect” follow me button. I have no idea what Captcha is, but someone told me to turn it off. (When I googled it I found your post) Should I not have a google friend connect button on there? I have follow me by email–is that enough? Any info. you could give me on this would be really appreciated. I have no urge to annoy the hell out of people. haha. Thanks!