Well, maybe “hate” is a bit harsh. Nah, it’s not. Below you will find a list of things that make me want to pull my hair out when I am visiting blogs…
I want to send my little Zombie after you!
Before you get pissy, this is not towards any one person. This is a collection of things that drive me batty, cause my head to spin and me to lose large clumps of my hair.
If you’re mad, then I’m sorry…this post was made in good fun, even though I hope some will make the changes!
All I really wanted to do was leave a comment for you…but you made it hard. Simple things are nice. Be simple, help me out!
- Captcha, I don’t understand why you need it. Please tell me… Wouldn’t it be easier to use Akismet? I know it would be easier on me if you did. I have some slight brain damage going on over here and trying to figure out your darn captcha is sizzling even more of my brain cells away. Be kind, take it away.
- Google Friend Connect as an entry in your giveaway. Again, why? What purpose does it serve? Half the time it isn’t even pulling up on your site…but you want me to change browsers so I can see it?
- That tricky little box that you have auto checked when you make me add you on Google Friend Connect that automatically subscribes me to your blog if I don’t see it in time to uncheck it. That is SO wrong! I feel violated when I am tricked into subscribing. Picture me screaming no no no as I notice it after I hit submit. Not cool. (**Edited to add** Before anything gets out of hand because of my terminology and the way different people may read it… while writing this post (and even typing that sentence), never once was I thinking rape as in sexual assault. When I said rape I was referring to the actual meaning. An example being an act to seize, take, or carry off by force. Such as saying “the rape of the countryside.” or “he was raped on that deal”)
- That same subscribe box hidden and auto checked under the comment box. Yes….you must stop this trickery! I commented thinking I could trust you. Why betray me?
- Blogger.com users that do not enable Name/Url as a comment option. Am I not good enough? I let you share your info on my site, don’t you wan’t my number too? I feel like you’re saying “wham, bam, thank you ma’am” and you don’t even want to call me or know anything about me!
I’m sure there are things about my site that you dislike or maybe even hate. It’s alright, I’m open to feedback.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Considering a Home Birth? Here are the Common Home Birthing Myths and the Truth Behind Them - August 16, 2019
- 4 Tips for Hiring the Best Painting Contractor for Your Home - August 2, 2019
- 4 Ways You Can Dress for Festivals & Turn Heads This Year - August 1, 2019