In this day and age, it is hard to protect your children from the dangers they are exposed to every day with their online access. Online safety is so important with the world we are currently living in. There is danger everywhere. It’s a sad truth that we have to take seriously for the protection of our children.
Sponsored posting, all opinions are my own.
My middle daughter just turned 13yrs old, which means she was old enough for a social media account on one of the most used sites these days. I wanted her to have it because this is how her team communicates. Pretty much everything is organized and ran through social media. If you want details, you have to be there online. This is where knowledge is shared and sadly, this is also where danger lurks.
Thankfully, there is a lot of information available to help us parents do this the best we can. The Parents’ Survival Guide to Online Safety is a great resource for tips to help you keep your children as safe as you can online.
A study from Rochester Institute Technology (RIT) with children from kindergarten to first grade reported that about 50% of parents are not by them when they’re using a computer—which means half of these parents don’t even know what their kids are up to. If you think about it, pornography, or any kind of sexual content, is so easy to find, it’s practically everywhere. A study from University of New Hampshire (UNH) showed that 79% of youth unwanted exposure to pornography occurs in the home, right under the parents’ noses.
Things to worry about are pornography, online predators, cyberbullying and more. It’s a scary world and online your child is dumped in the middle of it. All of the good and all of the bad crammed into one easily accessible place.
These online threats can easily transfer over to a local in real life situation. It has happened time and time again and we need to do everything in our power to protect our children and their innocence.
Some of the things covered in the Parents’ Survival Guide to Online Safety provided by KidGuard are:
- Overlooked Facts About Cyber Bullying
- What You Need To Know About Cyber Bullying
- The Real Dangers Of Online Predators
- Parenting Teens: Culture and Slang Words of Today’s Teens
- 5 Popular Apps Among Teens to Keep Track Of
- iPhone & Android Apps You Should Monitor & Why: What Your Kid May Be Hiding From You
- How To Set Privacy Settings On Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and WhatsApp
- How To Enable Parental Controls On An iPhone/Android
- How to Use GPS Tracking
- What is Geofencing and How To Set It Up
I encourage you to head over and read it. Arm yourself with the knowledge and tools to protect your children today!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- What do Orthopedists do? - June 14, 2019
- Keeping Your Employees Motivated - June 10, 2019
- 4 Ways to Avoid Putting on Excess Pounds During the Holidays - May 31, 2019