This giveaway has ended. The winner was comment #1!
I’m sure you have all heard of JumpStart and all the educational goodies they offer. Did you know they have an interactive virtual world for the little kiddo’s? I didn’t until recently.
Lauren was the perfect candidate to review. She isn’t much of a computer user yet, but was anxious to get on it and play. I let her on my laptop….craziness! Anyhow she listened to my instructions and then I let her loose in the JumpStart virtual world.
She had a blast with the matching games, sort of like Memory. When you get all the matches you reveal a picture. She played this and the math games the most. She asks everyday to play it and I only wish I had a computer for her so she could play more often. I might look into getting her a Netbook. I think she would take good care of it. She is only 5, but does value things. Emma on the other hand…I see her standing and jumping on it…yikes…that kid is going to end up in juvie….
As a parent I love the educational value of the site. She definitely was learning new skills, both academic as well as the computer skills. In this day and age, computer skills are definitely a must for everyone!
There are different places to go and different grade level games. From Preschool to fifth grade, it’s covered! They can even interact with other players with set messages and actions. Lauren was totally into busting the dance moves that were available on there. Oh and throwing snowballs! She liked earning coins too!
For more than 15 years, Knowledge Adventure has set the standard in kids’ software by creating the finest educational products for use in the home and the classroom. In addition to our CD games, we’ve launched a browser-based virtual world at www.JumpStart.com, for kids 3-10 years old. Kids can create avatars called Jumpeez for themselves and explore magical worlds, discovering and unlocking games, videos and storybooks that teach everything from math to reading. Over the next year, we will continue to add more features, portals and learning games to this site. I encourage you to check it out at www.JumpStart.com.
Lauren loves her Jumpeez! As you read from the description above, this is her little avatar that she created herself. Make sure you head over to the JumpStart blog and check it out! There is a ton of fun stuff as well as learning tips over there!
Win a 3-month membership account!
JumpStart wants to give one lucky reader a 3-month membership to the site!
Main Entry: Visit the JumpStart blog and tell me something cool you found over there. Just leave it in the comments below.
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before any of the bonus entries.
- Subscribe to my eNews and Updates in the upper right sidebar. Leave a comment letting me know, if you already subscribed you still get that entry, just let me know.
- Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER. There is a form midway down in the sidebar. I promise I will not spam you. I will only send cool stuff! Leave a comment letting me know, if you are already on that newsletter then let me know that too!
- Tweet about this giveaway @stitchblade by clicking the twitter button below. Leave a comment with the URL to your tweet status. You can do this once a day!
- Comment on a non-giveaway post on my site, you may find out you like what I have to say! Leave a comment telling me that you did this.
- Submit this post to any of the other social media sites I have linked below. Just click the button! Let me know in the comments what you did.
This giveaway will end on March 20th, 2010!
I received a complimentary membership to the JumpStart site for review purposes. No compensation was received and all opinions are 100% my own! Did you know you can get JumpStart for Wii too? The kids LOVE IT!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- What do Orthopedists do? - June 14, 2019
- Keeping Your Employees Motivated - June 10, 2019
- 4 Ways to Avoid Putting on Excess Pounds During the Holidays - May 31, 2019