Great Wolf Lodge isn’t just for the kiddos! You will absolutely enjoy new indulgences this summer as they debut their new Wine Down Service. The Wine Down Service is a new signature wine, cheese, and dessert pairing program that allows parents and other adults to “wine down” after a crazy fun-filled day of awesomeness at Great Wolf Lodge.
Great Wolf Lodge chose to work with The Wine Group to develop this menu for the new service that features both sweet and savory culinary treats, perfectly paired with a delicious bottle of wine that adults can savor in the comfort of their suite. The service will launch at the Great Wolf Lodge resorts in Williamsburg, Va. and Grapevine, Texas after Memorial Day weekend, with plans to expand the service to additional resorts later this year.
“Whether it’s zipping down a waterslide, dancing with our lovable characters, or enjoying an incredible meal together, Great Wolf Lodge delivers a unique family experience that is entertaining for both children and parents,” shared Chris Hammond, the Corporate Director of Food and Beverage for Great Wolf Lodge. “The concept for Wine Down Service was developed as a way to provide parents with a wine experience they can savor after their children have fallen asleep. To make this a truly authentic wine experience for parents, we curated a menu that pairs top scoring wines from The Wine Group with tantalizing dishes.”
The Wine Down Service menu features a variety of sommelier curated wine pairings designed to entice your taste buds. Guests can order Wine Down Service through guest services at the resort. You are able to select either one of four curated pairings offered or create your own package from an á la carte menu. You can also select the optimal time for your Wine Down delivery, between the hours of 8-11pm, and instead of knocking on the guest’s door, Great Wolf Lodge will send a text message to avoid waking your (hopefully) konked out kiddos.
Check out these Wine Down Service options!
- Rekindle the Bonfire: A romantic and classic pairing with a Great Wolf Lodge twist. This package includes a bottle of Chloe Prosecco and luscious dark chocolate-covered strawberries marked with white chocolate paw prints. The combination brings forward the peach, citrus and green apple flavors of the wine and helps satisfy that late night sweet tooth.
- While the Pups Sleep, Chardonnay: This tasty pairing featuring brie, dried apricots and crackers unlocks the apple and citrus flavors found in the Cupcake Chardonnay it is paired alongside. Cupcake Vineyards sources its Chardonnay from Monterey County, Calif., where the cool climate and long growing season mix together perfectly for a well-balanced Chardonnay.
- It’s Been A Fun-Filled Day, Time For Some Cabernet: A platter of cured meats such as prosciutto and soppressata served with Mediterranean green and black olives comes accompanied by Concannon Cabernet Sauvignon, recognized by the editors of Wine Enthusiast magazine as a top choice. The wine features rich aromas and intense red cherry, ripe plum and black currant flavors, intermingling with hints of cocoa, vanilla and spice.
- Kids Snoring, More Pinot Noir-ing: Decadent chocolate truffles served with bite-sized dark chocolate morsels brings to life the luxurious, fruit-forward flavor and velvety texture of Love Noir, a Pinot Noir that has burst onto the wine scene with high acclaim.
Sommelier LeeAnn Kaufman explains her reaction when Great Wolf Lodge reached out, “”It was exciting to advise Great Wolf Lodge on the perfect wines to complement the culinary menu for this new service. The Wine Group offers a full portfolio of exceptional wines from esteemed winemaking regions around the globe. The spirit of the wines on this menu, whether it’s the soft, subtle elegance of the Pinot Noir or the driving boldness of the Cabernet Sauvignon, will help parents escape to other places in the world without ever leaving their suite…no passport required.”
A complete list of Wine Down Service offerings can be found online, or in a welcome packet provided to guests upon check-in. In addition to the four wine and food packages, guests also have the option to mix-and-match wine and food options to suit their individual preferences. Wine Down Service packages start at $35, with delivery included, and can be requested by contacting guest services at the resort.
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, guests can visit greatwolf.com.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Why Hunting is an Excellent Way to Stay Fit - January 11, 2018
- January Swago with Spin & Win - January 6, 2018
- Get $3 when you sign up for Swagbucks in January (US) - January 3, 2018