7th Annual Bonnie and Clyde Days
Family-Friendly FREE Festival to Feature 2 Bank Robbery Reenactments, Soap Box Challenge,
Free Live Music, Exhibits and Food
Pilot Point, Texas – July 27, 2016 – Pilot Point’s Main Street Program today announced that its 7th Annual Bonnie and Clyde Days festival will be held Saturday, October 8, 2016 on the Pilot Point historic town square starting at 10:00 a.m. Admission to the festival is free and, this year, the evening concerts will be free, with Brave Combo headlining. Sponsorship and vendor opportunities are available at www.BonnieAndClydeDays.org.
This post contains affiliate links.
The festival is held annually to commemorate and reenact the filming of the famous “bank robbery scene” in the 1967 Warner Brothers movie “Bonnie and Clyde,” starring Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty, filmed at the town’s historic bank building on the town square. Additionally, the Pilot Point area was known as a hangout of the REAL Bonnie and Clyde and the Barrow Gang. Local legend has it that a family member lived in the area and offered the gang safe haven. The featured event – the famous “Bank Robbery Scene Reenactment,” complete with gangsters and police squad cars – occurs at high noon and again at 3:00 p.m.
During the all-day event, Pilot Point becomes a piece of living history with old-timey, small town 1930’s era family fun. Festivalgoers step back in time as they watch the Model A and Classic Car Show, the Chain Gang Walk and the Peanut Thrashing Demonstrations. Visitors can cheer on participants during the Cabinet Makers Soap Box Challenge and the Old Fashioned Pie Eating Contest. Bonnie & Clyde Days also offers street and food vendors, live music and entertainment throughout the day with a FREE Kids Zone, featuring children’s activities.
WHEN: Saturday, October 8, 2016. The festival runs from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: The event takes place on the historic town square in Pilot Point, 11 miles north of Denton on 377.
SOAP BOX CHALLENGE: A popular annual feature of the event is the Pilot Point Cabinet Makers’ Soap Box Challenge, sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. More info, entry forms and sponsor forms are available at www.bonnieandclydedays.org.
HIGHLIGHTS & SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
- “QUICK GETAWAY” 5K FAMILY FUN RUN / WALK starts at 7:30 a.m. prior to the event.
- REENACTMENTS: Two bank robbery movie-scene reenactments this year, 12 noon and 3:00 p.m., featuring hired gunmen re-enactors, local actors and drama students.
- LIVE DEMONSTRATIONS, FOOD VENDORS, PIE-EATING CONTEST, KID ZONE and CAR SHOW
- LIVE MUSIC: Local bands will be playing throughout the day.
- FREE CONCERT ON THE SQUARE: This year’s evening concerts will be FREE. The Beer Man will play from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., and headliner Brave Combo will play from 7:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m.
Related articles across the web
The following two tabs change content below.
Brandy is the wife to a carpenter/musician and the mother of 3 amazingly awesome homeschool/unschooled girls. Brandy is a Photographer as well as a Coach for the Weebellion as part of Rolling Rebellion Jr. Roller Derby. Brandy is passionate about many things and suffers from a very painful and degenerative neurological disease called CRPS/RSD.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Swago: Shopping Edition Is Back! - October 20, 2017
- The Student Guide to Moving to University - October 19, 2017
- 4 Stressful Situations that all Moms Face and Tips for Taking Control - October 19, 2017