Green Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe
Comfort food doesn’t get much better than Macaroni and Cheese! Try this recipe for Green Chili Mac and Cheese!
- 2 cups of macaroni, regular or whole wheat
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 6 ounces shredded Colby or Colby jack cheese, about 1 ½ cups
- 4 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, about 1 cup
- 1 ½ teaspoons Colman’s Dry Mustard Powder
- 4 ounces canned diced roasted green chilies, hot or mild
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook the macaroni for about 2 minutes less than the cooking time according to the pasta box instructions. Drain the pasta. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth but still pale. Cook, stirring often, for about a minute. Whisk in the Colman’s Dry Mustard then add the milk to the flour mixture, a little at a time, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Stir until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Combine the drained macaroni with the sauce, green chilies, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and all but 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish or casserole, top with remaining cheese, and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown in spots. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
About Colman’s Mustard
Colman’s Mustard is a pantry must-have that has certainly withstood the test of time. This iconic yellow tin has been around for over 200 years and is the only “Queen Approved” condiment on the market! While Colman’s Mustard is certainly a great topper to sandwiches and hot dogs, it also makes a wonderful “secret ingredient,” adding a zesty flavor to many mealtime favorites including roasts, veggies, mac & cheese, and even cocktails and dessert. Colman’s Mustard comes in two varieties, Prepared and Dried. The prepared is available in a jar as well as a handy squeezy container. The Dry is available in both 2 and 4 oz. tins. Colman’s is available nationwide at supermarkets such as Whole Foods, Walmart, Safeway and Kroger for $4.99 – $6.99.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Pretty Tumble Track Mat with Cozy and Bouncy Design - February 11, 2019
- Working Towards Better Credit - February 11, 2019
- Have You Ever Taken a Bad Fall? - February 11, 2019