I live in Texas and we spend a lot of time outdoors. Sun protection is so important because of the harmful UV radiation. Having a sun burn isn’t fun and can actually be dangerous! I take some medications that make sun protection even more crucial. Coolibar has a great selection of items to make sure you and your family are protected!
Tips for outdoor enthusiasts to stay protected from harmful UV radiation:
- Wear lightweight moisture wicking sun-protective clothing. T-shirts are NOT adequate protection against UV rays. Along with the UPF 50+ rating in your clothing, it¹s important to wear moisture wicking clothing so you don¹t overheat.
- A wide-brim hat is a must for golfers, walkers and spectators and provides extra coverage to the neck and shoulders, areas that often get more sun exposure. Every inch of hat brim can lower your lifetime risk of skin cancer by 10%. For runners, choose lightweight hats that cover the top of the head and neck.
- When possible, avoid outdoor activity between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when the sun¹s UV radiation is most intense.
- Keep sunscreen and a hat in your sports/gym bag so they are always available. Use a golf umbrella for shade when walking or waiting.
- Remember to reapply your sunscreen every every two hours, or more often if sweating or swimming. Use sport sunscreen so it doesn’t run and irritate your eyes.
- Wear sunglasses. In addition to protecting eyes from UV exposure, another cancer risk, the right sunglasses offer impact protection, and reduce reflection on the road, field or course.
I was sent this amazing Beach Shirt from Coolibar.
I love how lightweight it is. It’s hot here in Texas! It’s made with breathable 3D dri SUNTECT® fabric. It has a cape back and mesh panel under arm for superior airflow. This is great for wearing on walks, working out in the yard and going out in the boat! It has a drawstring hood that will protect your face and neck. You can wear the sleeves down or you cuff them with the button. It even has hidden side pockets. This Beach Shirt is rated UPF 50+.
I’m very happy with this and I have been using it on the days that we haven’t been rained in! Sooo much rain here in North Texas right now! I can’t wait to wear it out on the boat, perfect for fishing in!
Coolibar is the most recommended and tested sun protective clothing company in the United States. Based in Minneapolis, the company was founded in 2001 to bring Australia’s world-leading approaches to sun protection to the American market and beyond by producing and selling sun protective apparel for active families through catalog and online. Dedicated to the highest quality sun protective clothing, hats and accessories, Coolibar guarantees UPF 50+ ratings for the life of their garments. Each garment is developed with sun protection as the number one priority with a full line of proprietary SUNTECT® fabrics. Coolibar has been recognized by the Skin Cancer Foundation, the American Academy of Dermatology and the Melanoma International Foundation for effective sun protection. Coolibar Cares, the company¹s giving back initiative, supports programs such as SunAWARE, School Sun Hat program, Doctor Connect, the AAD Camp Discovery for sun sensitive children as well as athlete sponsorships and product donations. For information about Coolibar, go to www.coolibar.com or call 1-800-926-6509. You can also follow on Facebook Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
I received the product shown above to facilitate this review. No compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
Like many cancers, skin cancers — including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma — start as precancerous lesions.
Information about skin cancer treatment, prevention, causes, screening, clinical trials, research, and other topics from the National Cancer Institute.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- I Tried Flavored CBD and I Liked It! - April 24, 2019
- Essentials for Your Kiddo’s First College Apartment - April 19, 2019
- Family Bonding Time: 10 Outdoor Activities You and Your Loved Ones Should Try - April 19, 2019