Looking for a way to use up that summer squash? Check out this simple Summer Squash Fries Recipe.
Oven-Baked Summer Squash Fries Recipe
Author: Not So Average Mama
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 medium summer squash
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs (try panko breadcrumbs for a crunchier texture)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard power
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- Cut your summer squash into wedges. Remove the seeds if they are quite large and set wedges aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a dish and set aside.
- In another dish, combine the bread crumbs, paprika, mustard powder and salt and pepper.
- Start by dipping the wedges, one by one, into the egg mixture and then the bread crumb mixture. Place each wedge on the greased baking sheet. Continue until all the wedges are done.
- You can bake the wedges as is for about 30-40 (until soft inside and golden brown on the outside) as is, but if you want a more golden texture, drizzle or spray some olive oil on top of the wedges. Flip half way through baking.
- Serve with ranch or another favorite dip.
A summer squash has a strong resemblance, in flavor and texture, to a zucchini. You can, in fact, substitute zucchini in this recipe, but it will probably bake a bit more quickly.
The following two tabs change content below.
Brandy is the wife to a carpenter/musician and the mother of 3 amazingly awesome homeschool/unschooled girls. Brandy is a Photographer as well as a Coach for the Weebellion as part of Rolling Rebellion Jr. Roller Derby. Brandy is passionate about many things and suffers from a very painful and degenerative neurological disease called CRPS/RSD.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Why Hunting is an Excellent Way to Stay Fit - January 11, 2018
- January Swago with Spin & Win - January 6, 2018
- Get $3 when you sign up for Swagbucks in January (US) - January 3, 2018