Redddddd Robinnnnnn yummmmmmmmmmmmm!. I have had that commercial stuck in my head for years now. Years. Red Robin was something I didn’t even know existed until I moved to Texas. I’m not quite sure why that is considering there are 500 restaurants across the U.S. and Canada. Maybe I live in a cave? Who knows. But Red Robin opened up way back in 1969 in Seattle, Washington. Anyhow… Red Robin is turning lemons into Freckled Lemonade on National Lemonade Day.
National Lemonade day is on Wednesday August 20th and on that day, Red Robin restaurants will host lemonade stands serving Freckled Lemonade samples to everyone that attends. They hope to collect donations to support Red Robin’s national charity called Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. Anyone that donates $5 or more will receive a yellow bracelet to show their support towards the fight against childhood cancer.
I bet you’re thinking, um what is a “Freckled Lemonade”. Yea, I wasn’t sure either. A Freckled Lemonade is Strawberries and Minute Maid Lemonade. They give you as many refills as you want too!
If you’re unable to make it in on National Lemonade Day, no worries…you can still donate another way. You can purchase an Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation eGift Card. You could also purchase Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation inspired merchandise on the Red Robin’s website. Another way to donate is to visit AlexsLemonade.org and donate directly to the charity. Or purchase a Freckled Lemonade anytime you are at Red Robin! Also, during grand opening week at new Red Robin locations…ALL proceeds from Freckled Lemonade will be donated to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation!
It’s so wonderful to know that companies like Red Robin have helped keep Alex’s dream alive!
About Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott (1996-2004).
- In 2000, 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Since Alex held that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement dedicated to finding cures for all childhood cancers, complete with thousands of supporters across the country carrying on her legacy of hope.
- To date, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501(c)3 charity, has raised more than $80 million toward fulfilling Alex’s dream of finding a cure, funding over 450 pediatric cancer research projects nationally.
One Not So Average Mama reader will win a $25 Red Robin Gift Card!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Red Robin, gift card, information, and additional gift card have been provided by Red Robin.
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Six Tips To Safely Frying A Turkey - November 20, 2017
- The Pre-Black Friday Holiday Sale! - November 20, 2017
- Getting Your MBA As A Stay At Home Mom – Should You Make 2018 The Year You Take The Plunge Back Into Education - November 20, 2017