The four main symptoms of CRPS/RSD are:
- Chronic burning pain – includes allodynia; extreme sensitivity to touch, sound, vibration, wind, and temperature.
- Inflammation – this can affect the appearance of the skin; bruising, mottling, shiny appearance, blotchy or pale appearance, and tiny red dots are some examples.
- Spasms – in blood vessels and muscles of the extremities, called vasoconstriction.
- Insomnia/Emotional Disturbance – (including limbic system changes such as short-term memory problems, concentration difficulties, and irritability).
There are also other things that come along with it. It is truly a life changing condition. It is something I deal with everyday, some days are much worse than others. No, it isn’t like Fibromyalgia (disclaimer: I am by no means saying anything against Fibro, just saying that CRPS/RSD is different). This, though sometimes labeled as such, is not an invisible disease. You can most definitely see it!
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Looking for WordPress Hosting? - May 12, 2019
- Best Entertainment Apps On The Market - May 10, 2019
- Making the Most of Mother’s Day: Five Tips to Consider to Help Support Women’s Health - May 7, 2019