It’s been a long time since I have come across a game that was this much fun! Spontuneous is much different than any game that I have ever played before. Now, some of my girls are young so we split off in to teams so that the littles could participate and they had so much fun.
SPONTUNEOUS® (pronounced – spon-TUNE-ee-us)
Have you ever heard a word that “triggered” you to sing a song? If so, then YOU are Spontuneous! One player says a word and the race is on for the others to sing a song containing that word. Don’t worry though, talent is NOT required!
Spontuneous is a game that requires quick thinking, it’s a great way to exercise those brains. The first time we played it, we played for about 4 hours….no lie! It has inspired us to instill game night back in to our weekly routines. At first it was a little difficult for the kids (who are under the recommended ages which are ages 9-adults), but they quickly got the hang of it and loved it.
So how do you play?
One player (Tunesmith) says a word and the other players race against each other and the clock (15 seconds!) to try and blurt out a 5-word portion of lyrics from any song containing the given Trigger-Word! The player who begins singing first, gets to roll the dice and advance around the board! If nobody can sing a song, the Tunesmith must be able to back it up with a song of their own, or else they roll both dice and move backwards. As players advance around the board, certain spaces will require them to draw a Spontuneous Card and attempt the crazy challenge! One challenge we had was to do the Chicken Dance while someone else hummed the tune! Whoever reaches finish first and completes the final challenge, wins the game!
- Interactive party game for all ages (9 & Up)
- Hilarious G- rated fun
- Self-generated words promote thinking/strategy
- Improves word association & memory recall skills
- Encourages social interaction
- Timeless entertainment; every game is unique & never grows old
- Crosses all genres of music; all ages can play together
- Affordable entertainment for the whole family
There were times I was laughing so hard that I cried…like when I had to make up a rap from a challenge card. I could totally see this being a fantastic game to play with adult friends after a few rounds of drinks!
One Not So Average Mama reader will win a Spontuneous game of their own!
Giveaway ends on March 28th, 2013!
I received the game mentioned above to facilitate this review. No compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Need a License? Adult Driver’s Education is Easy to Obtain - March 21, 2018
- What You Should Always Consider Before Sending Your Child to High School - March 21, 2018
- How to Help Your Kids Find Their Talent - March 20, 2018