Recipe courtesy Co-Founder of BeyondDiet.com & Nutritionist Isabel De Los Rios.
Chocolate Covered Nuts and Raisins
Author: Isabel De Los Rio.
Recipe type: Snack
If you’re kids are really insisting on chocolate treats, it is so easy and simple to make your own chocolate covered nuts and raisins.
- Organic Chocolate bar (Dark chocolate is best but milk chocolate will also do)
- Raw Almonds (or whichever nut is your child’s favorite
- 1 tsp grass fed butter
- Unsweetened Raisins
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and have it ready.
- Using a double boiler, melt your chocolate. Do not let the chocolate directly touch the heat. It will burn. The water should not be boiling, but be hot enough to melt the chocolate.
- Add in the butter.
- Add in your almonds and raisins.
- Use 2 tablespoons to scoop clusters of mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for several hours until clusters have hardened.
The following two tabs change content below.
Brandy is the wife to a carpenter/musician and the mother of 3 amazingly awesome homeschool/unschooled girls. Brandy is a Photographer as well as a Coach for the Weebellion as part of Rolling Rebellion Jr. Roller Derby. Brandy is passionate about many things and suffers from a very painful and degenerative neurological disease called CRPS/RSD.