You all know by now that I am a coffee junkie. I have admitted it time and time again. I have no shame over it. I love it! I know I need to cut back a bit, but I will never deny myself of this one simple joy in my life.
Tomorrow is National Coffee Day!
I love Eight O’Clock coffee! Eight O’Clock Coffee wants you to know that you do not need any fancy machines to make an awesome coffee drink! Check these out!
Latte- Traditionally, this is made using espresso and foamed milk. The milk to coffee ratio is 3:1.
- Make It At Home! Use a strong coffee, like Eight O’Clock Coffee’s Dark Italian Roast, and brew regularly. Pour some milk into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Whisk milk as it heats to make it frothy. Pour some of the coffee into a mug, add some hot liquid milk and spoon the foamed milk on top.
Café Mocha- This is simply a latte with some type of chocolate flavor added in.
- Make It At Home! Prepare using the latte instructions. Before adding the coffee and milk, pour 2/3 cup of hot chocolate mix into the bottom of the mug, add coffee and milk and stir until the mix has dissolved.
Café au Lait- Similar to a latte, but usually uses strong brewed coffee instead of espresso and has a 1:1 ratio of coffee to milk.
- Make It At Home! Brew Eight O’Clock Coffee’s Dark Italian Roast, steam the milk and add equal parts milk (add this first) and coffee to your mug.
Cappuccino- Usually made with equal parts espresso, steamed milk and frothed milk.
- Make It At Home! Follow the same instructions as the latte, but pour equal parts coffee and steamed milk into the mug and top with frothed milk. It’s great with cinnamon or chocolate sprinkled on.
Macchiato- A traditional macchiato is a shot of espresso with a bit of milk foam. We usually think of the caramel macchiato, which is very popular at coffee shops in the US.
- Make It At Home! Make a tasty caramel macchiato using Eight O’Clock Coffee Dark Italian Roast. Heat milk in a saucepan and whisk until frothy, add a few pumps of vanilla syrup to your cup of coffee, top with milk froth and drizzle with caramel syrup.
Frappe- A frappe is a cold blended coffee drink with chilled coffee, sugar, milk or cream and ice blended together.
- Make It At Home! All you need is 6-8 ounces of cold coffee (we like Eight O’Clock Coffee Original Blend), 2 Tbsp milk, 3/4 cup crushed or cubed ice and sugar to taste. Combine ingredients in a blender. You can also add 2 Tbsp of your favorite syrup—caramel, chocolate, vanilla—some people even add ice cream to make it thicker. The possibilities are endless, so get creative!
Pumpkin Coffee- Virtually every coffee shop has some kind of limited-time-only pumpkin coffee, a delicious fall flavor.
- Make It At Home! Brew your own pumpkin coffee this fall or any other time of year you feel a craving coming on. Use 2 tsp of pumpkin spice for every 3 Tbsp of Eight O’Clock Coffee Original Blend. Combine the pumpkin spice with the coffee grounds and brew. Sweeten to your desire.
Espresso: A concentrated coffee brewed by forcing a small amount of nearly boiling water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans.
- Make It At Home! Espresso machines are typically very expensive, but you can come close to the real deal with your regular coffee pot. Choose a dark roast, like Eight O’Clock Coffee’s Dark Italian Roast, and grind the beans as finely as possible. Double the coffee filter, and pack down the coffee grounds into the filter (use 1 tbsp for every 1/4 cup of espresso). It’s a great option that replicates the strong, bold flavor espresso and cappuccino aficionados love.
What special coffee drink do you plan on enjoying tomorrow? Be sure to like Eight O’Clock Coffee on Facebook!
I received a package of Eight O’Clock Coffee so that I can celebrate National Coffee Day with yummy goodness! No compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Michelangelo for Kids: His Life and Ideas, with 21 Activities - July 21, 2016
- Why a Smaller Home is Better for your Family - July 19, 2016
- Chuck E. Cheese’s Fort Worth Grand Opening! COUPONS! - July 19, 2016