I know a lot of you are parents. We all know how stressful it is when our children get sick. Taking a temperature is an important part of knowing what to do. Do they need medication? Do you need to call the doctor? Do you need to head to the ER?
My kids hate having their temperature taken when they are not feeling well. Holding a thermometer under their tongue for that long is hard. I’m an adult and it is even hard on me.
Years ago I had an ear thermometer. My pediatrician used one so I figured I should have one as well. It was hard to use! It had to positioned just right and you had to tug the ear lobe down…yea, real fun when your child has an ear infection. I could never get a proper reading and I switched back to a regular digital thermometer used in the mouth.
Recently on a visit to Urgent Care they used a Temporal Scanner to take Lauren’s temperature. It was fast! They simply slid it from her forehead to her temple. Quick and painless and I wanted it!
So now I have one thanks to Exergen TemporalScanner! The girls tend to run fevers when their allergies flare. The Exergen TemporalScanner has been used several times recently to check for fevers. The girls are so happy they don’t have to hold a thermometer under their tongues anymore!
I love that you can take a temperature even when a child is sleeping!
I am very pleased with our new Exergen TemporalScanner and am thankful that I will have it through this winter when the illnesses tend to hit us the hardest.
One Not So Average Mama reader will win an Exergen TemporalScanner of their own! As with all of my giveaways, unless otherwise stated, this is open to the U.S. only.
Main Entry: Visit the Exergen TemporalScanner website, browse around and then come back here and leave a comment letting me know why you would love to have this product.
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before doing any of the bonus entries. Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Like Exergen on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Follow me on Twitter @stitchblade
- Follow Exergen on Twitter @Exergen
- Tweet about this giveaway: “I entered to win an Exergen TemporalScanner from @stitchblade #Giveaway @Exergen http://wp.me/prmOk-5bJ ” Leave a comment with the tweet status URL, you may do this up to 3 times per day but please space them out! I see people just tweeting one after another, don’t do that. Be sure to leave a comment for each tweet.
- Become a fan of Not So Average Mama on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook, please leave a comment with the URL to where you posted.(Daily Entry! Post it to your facebook everyday and earn an entry each time. Be sure to post a comment with the URL each time.)
- Follow me on Facebook Networked blogs located in my sidebar. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
This Giveaway will end on OCT 20th, 2012.
Disclosure: I was sent a sample of the product mentioned above to facilitate this review. No compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Barnes & Noble Back-to-(un)School #BNschoolsavings - September 1, 2015
- Story of the World Sale! Homeschool Deal! - September 1, 2015
- Printable Coupons - August 31, 2015