The challenges for today were:
- Brainstorm 5 ways to conserve water in your house. Share it with your social networks.
- Turn the AC settings to no lower than 78 degrees Fahrenheit.
- ULTRAbonus: Plugged-in electronics use power even when they’re not on. Unplug 5 electronics or appliances that aren’t being used.
We chose to complete the first challenge and the ULTRAbonus challenge. I couldn’t do challenge number two because we live in Texas and my husband works out in the heat all day. He would not be happy with the house not being nice and cool when he gets home, so we skipped that one.
So we worked on figuring out 5 ways to conserve water in our house.
- Turn off the water while brushing teeth.
- Use a timer when showering.
- Don’t fill the bathtub up too far.
- Put something in the tank for the toilet so that it doesn’t use so much water to fill up.
- Splash less in the swimming pool.
DoSomething.org, the nation’s largest organization for teens and social change, has partnered with Lenovo, the world’s second largest PC maker who helped found the campaign last year, and Bing, the search engine from Microsoft, to launch “The Hunt: 11 Days of Doing.”
This is a paid campaign through Mom Bloggers for Social Good.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- 4 Things You Need To Know When Moving Around Los Angeles - September 22, 2017
- How Moms Can Have a Perfect Christmas Too - September 21, 2017
- 7 Ways to Turn on the Romance This Christmas - September 19, 2017