The challenges for today were:
- Search for “NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT RATES” on Bing to find the stat about student drop out rates. Raise awareness by having every team member share the stat on their Facebook.
- Donate school supplies at your local Staples store.
- ULTRAbonus: Teach a senior citizen how to set up and use an email account.
We were only able to complete the first challenge, which was to search Bing to find out about the National High School Drop Out rates. As you all know, we homeschool. Dropping out is not something even considered in our home. We were really curious to find out what those statistics were though.
It was nice to see that the rates have actually been dropping a little more each year. I was actually surprised that they had dropped. I was just sure that the rates were higher now than they were when I was a kid. The girls and I talked about this a little bit and tried to figure out what is causing the changes.
What do you think? Do you think maybe since there are so many education options being used these days that kids are finishing out school? Things like Charter schools, Virtual schools and Homeschool?
DoSomething.org, the nation’s largest organization for teens and social change, has partnered with Lenovo, the world’s second largest PC maker who helped found the campaign last year, and Bing, the search engine from Microsoft, to launch “The Hunt: 11 Days of Doing.”
This is a paid campaign through Mom Bloggers for Social Good.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Detox Tea for Weight loss? - September 23, 2016
- How to Boost your Kids’ Productivity Without Doing Too Much - September 21, 2016
- Turn An Underused Spare Bedroom Into A Room You Love - September 20, 2016