McCormick sent a package of goodies for us to use to prepare one of their look book recipes. If you read my blog you know that Morgan is a baking queen! She was over the top with excitement because of the stuff they sent!
I have added a bunch of the recipes to my Look Book to make at another time. Strawberry no bake cheesecake??? YUM! But we decided to make a Carrot Cake this time. It was the BEST Carrot Cake I have ever had! Morgan even got all fancy with the decorating, even though that carrot kind of looks like a chili pepper haha!
Look how good just the ingredients look…
My mouth is watering just thinking about this! It was about a week ago that she made it, it is now long gone. Quickly devoured! At first she tried to make them into cupcakes, but they were too moist and fell a part. The recipe held up much better as a cake.
Try it! You will not regret it!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened (Cream Cheese Frosting)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened (Cream Cheese Frosting)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract (Cream Cheese Frosting)
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar (Cream Cheese Frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, soda, salt and spices in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating well after each addition. Frost cooled cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for McCormick. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Patience is a Virtue: How Long Does a Car Accident Case Usually Take to Settle? - January 22, 2019
- 3 Ways to Foster Creativity in Your Kids - January 14, 2019
- A Guide on Raising Healthy Kids - January 10, 2019