Ok, so I’ll be honest and tell you up front that I am not a fan of ham. I like bacon. Wait. I LOVE Bacon. Ham…eh…
But! My family loves ham. They love ham like I love bacon. So I won’t prevent them from eating it…ha. You can check out our shopping trip and see what else we purchased in my Google+ album.
This recipe is for Cheesy Ham Rotini.
- 1 16 ounce box of rotini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound ham we used Petit Jean Hickory Smoked Ham
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk, we used 2%
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided (or about 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese)
- Leftover crumbled bacon (about 3-4 strips…more if you have it!)
Preheat oven to 350° and butter a 2-quart casserole. Cook the Rotini according to the instructions. While the Rotini is cooking prepare the other ingredients.
Remove this from heat and set aside. Check your pasta! There is nothing I hate more than slimy over cooked pasta! Check it…I’ll wait….
Now add the rotini as well as the ham mixture to the cheese sauce. Stir it all up so that the cheese sauce has coated everything with its cheesy goodness. Now go ahead and stire in half of the Parmesan cheese.
I ate this and even had seconds! That says a lot!
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias
Recipe was adapted from About.com.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- I Went to Market Street and Didn’t Come Home… #MarketStreetTX #Spon - July 22, 2014
- Win a Coach Handbag! Giveaway! - July 20, 2014
- RSD Lesions and Staph Infection - July 20, 2014