I’ve posted this before, but it was hidden at the end of a Sam’s Club post. It wasn’t easy to find at all and since it is one of my favorite raw recipes I just had to share it again! Kale is extremely good for you!
RAW KALE SALAD
A lot of you are probably thinking Kale? Raw Kale? Yes Kale! RAW Kale! This is an awesome salad, even if you are not going raw! You got to try it! Kale is very good for you, especially in its raw natural state. When you cook foods, you are losing a lot!
Kale is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
What you need…
- 1 bunch fresh Kale. You can use dinosaur or red Russian kale, any Kale is fine. Wash it, remove the stems and tear it into bite sized pieces.
- Green Onions washed and sliced.
- 1 Green Pepper, cleaned and cut into small pieces.
- 2 large avocados cut into chunks.
- 1 Tomato, washed and diced.
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced (raw garlic is strong and has a bit of a kick. I like it a lot so I add a lot).
- 3/4 cup olive.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh is best, but bottled is fine too).
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt.
- Crushed Red Pepper (I like a lot!)
Put your torn Kale in a bowl and pour the olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt over the kale leaves. Next is my favorite part…massage the kale with your hands. Squeeze it and run it. This will work the “dressing” into the leaves and make it nice and tender. It will also make your hands soft! Continue to do this until it begins to have that cooked feeling to it. Nice and tender.
Next add the remaining ingredients and toss to mix them in. Then EAT IT! This gets even better after it sits for a few days. Please let me know if you try it and what you thought. It is one of my favorite raw meals.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Trick Photography and Special Effects Review - May 27, 2016
- Swagbucks! Why Haven’t You Signed up Yet? - May 26, 2016
- Let’s Talk About Handicap Bathroom Stalls…I’m Serious - May 25, 2016