I know my content has been a bit lacking besides my deal posts (awesome ones!). I have been having a hard time and a lot of pain. Holding my arms in a position to type is very difficult. In fact I have been in tears all evening. I am doing my best to suck it up and post this. I have also been having some issues with walking.
Ok, my doctor is moving. So I need a plan of action. I need to get moving on this. The longer I go untreated the worse my situation will be. So I am using this post to make a list of what I know I need to do! The list in no particular order… If you have any ideas about things I post please feel free to share them in the comments! I look forward to input!
1. Find a doctor (that one is pretty obvious right?). There is a lady taking over my Rheumatologists office, so I still have that. But, I need someone that deals with RSD. I need a Neurologist that will see me as a self pay patient until I can get insurance. I also need someone that can act as a Primary Care Physician. The biggie…I need a pain management doctor. So I googled “pain management RSD Denton” and came across a doctor that is pretty well known in the area. Everyone knows where his office is. It’s like a fixture of the town. Anyhow, it was a video of him being interviewed about RSD! YES! He knows what it is and understands it completely! He knows how painful it is and how it changes your life. He is a primary care doctor, he also is a pain management specialist! SCORE! I am going to call on Monday! I did find a neurologist in Plano that takes self pay. I will just need someone to drive me there. I swear I don’t drive farther than 5-10 min from home. I can’t.
2. I need a bike! I need to be active, even though I don’t feel like doing anything but crying on the couch…that is NO WAY TO LIVE and dangit, I want to live my life! There is a sweet hybrid Schwinn at Walmart that wants to go home with me. It’s Red and White. I love her. She needs to be mine. I just need to save that extra money.
Hmm…anyone have a contact for Schwinn? Maybe they want to sponsor me?
3. Get a Treadmill! This is very important. It is HOT in Texas and in the winter it is COLD. I can’t do cold because it intensifies my pain so much. Muscle Atrophy is something that is most likely already happening to me. You know the saying “Use it or Lose it?”, well it applies to your muscles too! No matter how bad it hurts, movement has to be made. A treadmill would be a serious blessing for my body. I’m really not about being a quadruple amputee anytime soon…although a few friends did step up and say they would gladly strap me to their backs and haul my butt around!
4. SCHEDULE MYSELF! I have tried and tried again to stick to schedules. Something always happens and throws me off track. Well it’s pretty important that we get this household back on a schedule. I need to schedule the girls activities at my best times of the day and allow time for exercise, rest and household management. A schedule is pretty much the only way that I can get it all done. I have the means to do this, just need some time to get it done without being distracted. I already have the girls Chore Systems in place (I need to blog that!, I need to SCHEDULE IT, dur)
5. Go back to RAW! I have always felt healthier when I am eating a RAW food diet. It’s time I got back to that so maybe my body can try to heal itself into a remission. It’s very expensive to eat a RAW food diet when you do not have a garden. If you have any frugal RAW ideas, please let me know!
6. Find my support system! It’s funny how you can think one day how you have all these amazing awesome friends…then you get sick and poof…they are no longer really there. Guess they were never really my friends right? But I do have a few VERY awesome people in my life. Jeremy of course is amazing…grumpy yes, but still amazing. Jenny Lee…she is like my female soul mate. She just happens to like cats…ew. Oh and she hates coffee…what the heck? Janna! She understands things better than most people when it comes to health and depression and fighting. She listens well. My family of course! My girls (for the most part) are very helpful. My Mom and Dad. My AHG friends and my online community of friends! Yes, online people can really be your friends!! I can tell you that they check in on me more than the majority of my “IRL” friends. RSD causes a huge depression. Yes, really there is something about being in horrible pain 24/7 that makes you sad. Who would have thunk it. I need supportive people in my life. Thank you to those that are there. Especially those that are supportive and not making me feel crappy. I appreciate you more than you can know! I also need to find a church that I enjoy going to. It will be good for us.
7. Purpose. I need things to submerge myself in. Since I can no longer work I need to have things that give me a sense of purposes. This is to help keep my mind off the pain and to fight off some of the depression. I can’t tattoo, draw, write, design websites, design web graphics, hold down a job and many more things. I;m losing eve more skills. Things like tying my own shoes has become a struggle…fixing my hair, things you normally don’t even think about have become a daily struggle for me. So what I need to do is think of the things I CAN DO. Like share my story as I have been since the beginning. Maybe it will help someone else. I know I searched continuously for an answer to what was happening to me and never once did I come across RSD/CRPS. I’m going to set up a page here just to share links to resources I find about RSD. I can also put myself fully into activities with my girls through AHG. This year I will most likely be one of the leaders for Emma’s age. It will be good for me and totally occupy some of my time. So I am going to work harder at finding the I CAN DO things and dive right in!
8. Get a HOT TUB! This would be really beneficial for my pain. Maybe it would also help with the muscle spasms that have been hitting me almost all day every day lately. It’s a pricey thing, but it’s needed. Again…if you have a contact for this shoot it over to me in an email.
9. ACUPUNCTURE! Scares the crap out of me, but it’s worth a try.
10. Live life…stop stressing…stay positive and trust in God.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- 5 Ways To Look After Your Family - March 16, 2018
- Running a Snapology Franchise, Hands on Education, and a LEGO® Giveaway! - March 15, 2018
- 6 Asian Beauty Secrets for Flawless Skin - March 14, 2018