We have been talking a lot about recycling in our home with the kids. Trying to find a re-use for everything. Lately we have been focusing on magazines. Awhile back I vowed to not buy anymore magazines. But I still had piles of them. I almost threw them away until I had a brain spark (rare with me these days) and realized these were craft materials! So I saved the magazines. We made some paper bead jewelry, modge podged plaques and other crafty goodness.
When I received the Fellowes P-12C paper shredder we had the idea of teaching the Easter Bunny about recycling! My girls and I used pages from the magazines and ran them through the shredder to make “grass” for our Easter baskets! It was very colorful and the girls thought it was awesome! Fellowes Paper Shredders are not only for crafts though!
I know…I know…paper shredders are not normally used for crafts. They have a much more important purpose! Identity protection being one of the main reasons you should own a paper shredder. Government documents, medical bills and even store receipts all contain sensitive information that can be used for identity theft! We always saved our sensitive documents and then burnt them. What a pain in a but to keep all that stuff around.
When the paper shredder arrived I got right to work. The first thing I ran through that baby was my old debit card! I went right for the hard core. It shredded effortlessly! Wow! Then I grabbed a stack of medical bills and um…collection notices and ran those through. Then I took a stack and ran them all through at the same time. There was no stopping this machine! I burned through my pile so quick that I went searching for more to run through.
The machine works great and is easy to use. It is also very easy to clean out once it is full. I would recommend it to anyone. It has power!
Fellowes, Inc. recognizes the importance of minimizing risk of identity theft, one of the nation’s fastest growing crimes. As a result, Fellowes developed the following safety tips to help you protect your family from identity theft, both during tax season and throughout the year:
- Update personal computers with firewalls and security software, including antivirus programs.
- Contact the IRS (800-829-1040) if you do not receive W-2 forms and other sensitive information by February 15, as this may indicate that an identity thief intercepted such documents.
- Send tax returns from a locked mailbox/post office to ensure thieves cannot get to it before the postal service.
- If sending in tax forms via post mail, make sure all forms, identification documents and enclosed checks are not visible from the outside. Try wrapping everything in an extra sheet of paper to disguise its contents.
- Keep tax paperwork and other documents in a safe and accessible place, such as a fireproof box.
- After filing taxes, shred any backup documents with a Cross-Cut paper shredder, like Fellowes’ P-12C, which is essential because it shreds a single sheet of paper into hundreds of tiny particles to ensure confidential information is destroyed beyond recognition.
The P-12C also features patented SafeSense® technology, which stops the machine immediately when hands or large pets come too close to the paper opening. The machine features the ability to shred CDs, DVDs, credit cards and staples. The P-12C offers Fellowes’ Worry Free Warranty, ensuring shredders work the first time, every time. Fellowes P-12C is available at Target and Target.com for $89.99.
About Fellowes, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., Fellowes, Inc. offers an impressive range of products to equip the workspace, including paper shredders, binders and laminators, desktop accessories and record storage solutions. Fellowes, Inc. owns and operates subsidiaries in Canada, United Kingdom, Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Russia, Singapore, Japan, Korea, China and Australia. The company employs more than 2,700 people throughout the world and expects global sales in excess of $700 million this year. For more information, visit www.fellowes.com.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Does Playing Games Make You Smarter? - July 13, 2018
- Get 300 bonus SB when you sign up for Swagbucks in July - July 5, 2018
- The Ideal Schedule for a Summer Day in Dallas, Texas - June 29, 2018