As parents, it is our responsibility to make sure our kids get enough exercise. So many kids are sucked up into video games, t.v., internet, etc and never leave the couch!
Lately I see kids cruising through the neighborhood on motorized scooters! Talk about promoting laziness! Kids need to play the old fashioned way.
Everyday that we have nice weather we get outside. We play in the yard, the girls ride bikes, roller skate, run around and have fun.
We need to encourage our children to be active and lead by example.
Since 1978, The HERSHEY®’S Track & Field Games has helped more than 10 million children get active and learn valuable lessons such as sportsmanship and hard work. Now in its 34th year, HERSHEY’S Track & Field Games hosts thousands of boys and girls, ages 9 to 14, in nearly 4,000 North American communities. They will compete this spring and summer in track and field events ranging from the standing long jump and softball throw to a variety of running and relay races – and all at no cost of entry. All you need is a pair of shoes.
Each year in August, the North American Final Meet hosts 450 participants in an all-expenses paid weekend trip to Hershey! While there they get to tour the world’s largest chocolate factory and visit the Hersheypark amusement park!
Nine-time Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis and Olympic decathlon legend Rafer Johnson will again return as HERSHEY’s Track & Field Games ambassadors in 2011.
Now for the awesome part! Hershey is teaming up with the Nike Reuse-A-Shoe program to collect old, worn-out athletic shoes to be recycled into Nike Grind! Nike Grind is a material that they use in creating athletic and playground surfaces. They also use it in select Nike products. The participants will be invited to bring their used athletic shoes to state and provincial meets. They will then be recycled into Nike Grind.
Nike’s Reuse-A-Shoe program has recycled more than 25 million pairs of athletic shoes into Nike Grind.
To learn more about HERSHEY’S Track & Field Games, and to find a local event in your area, please visit www.hersheystrackandfield.com.
Main Entry: Visit www.hersheystrackandfield.com and check out the site. Let me know what you find most intersting about the project in a comment below.
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before doing any of the bonus entries. Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Become a fan ofHershey’s Track & Field on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Follow me on Twitter @stitchblade
- Tweet about this giveaway: “@stitchblade Hershey’s Track and Field Games Giveaway! http://wp.me/prmOk-2SQ #Giveaway #Win” Leave a comment with the tweet status URL, you may do this up to 3 times per day but please space them out! I see people just tweeting one after another, don’t do that. Be sure to leave a comment for each tweet.
- Become a fan of Not So Average Mama on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Become a fan of My Frugal Home on Facebook.
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook, please leave a comment with the URL to where you posted.(Daily Entry! Post it to your facebook everyday and earn an entry each time. Be sure to post a comment with the URL each time.)
- Follow me on Facebook Networked blogs located in my sidebar. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
This Giveaway will end on April 25th, 2011!
The information in this post, prize pack and giveaway have all been provided by Hershey’s through MyBlogSpark. All opinions are 100% my own.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- Finding The Best Car Insurance in Texas Is Full of Surprises… - August 13, 2018
- Clean Sweep: How to Get Rid of All the Pests That Invade Your Home - August 9, 2018
- Earn Free Gift Cards during the Back to School Team Challenge – US - August 6, 2018