As a H-E-B Beauty Blogger I was sent some more beauty products to try out this month. The Revlon CustomEyes Shadow and Liner and Revlon CustomEyes Mascara. Let just tell you that I am clueless about eye makeup. I normally just slap on some liner and I’m done. Morgan on the other hand can create a masterpiece on her eyes. She can use bright and dramatic colors and it always looks great. Me? Well I look at the eye shadow and I’m like what the heck do I do now?
With the Revlon CustomEyes Shadow and Liner I do not have to worry about how to apply it. It’s all set up step by step for me. Just 5 quick steps and it’s done. Even my make up challenged self was able to pull it off. The set comes with 4 shadows and 1 liner. Using the dual ended applicator you can easily create the look you want. I used the wider side to cover the eye area in shadow and the pointed end to apply the liner shade. Very easy! The steps are right on the back and easily numbered so you know what goes where.
The shadows are super easy to apply and blend very easily. I actually pulled it off! Each time it was easier to do the steps and now I don’t even have to read the directions!
The CustomEyes Mascara is super cool. It’s like two mascaras in one. There are so many different types of mascara that I stand there wondering what I’m supposed to buy. I don’t get it. So having one mascara that does two different things is awesome. One great product for two different looks.
I’m very picky when it comes to mascara and a lot of times I don’t even wear it because my eyes are so sensitive. I did try this out and am happy to report I did not have any issues with my eyes. So, like I said it has two different settings. You simply turn the cap to choose the setting you want for the look you are going for.
I chose setting 2 use for daily use during the trial period. I also tried out setting 1 to see the Dramatic setting, which I would only use when going out.
- Setting 1 – Aligns bristles for long and dramatic lashes
- Setting 2 – Staggers the bristles for length and definition
Available in 3 Regular and 2 Waterproof Shades*:
- Blackest Black
- Blackened Brown
- Waterproof Blackest Black
- Waterproof Blackened Brown
I liked that it doesn’t seem to go on too heavy. A lot of mascaras go on heavy from the first swipe and I don’t like that. This was more subtle and great for me. If you like big drama then you would probably have to layer it on, or maybe forgo this one.
Two Not So Average Mama readers will each win a Revlon CustomEyes Shadow and CustomEyes Mascara!
Main Entry: Share your tip for applying eye makeup! Leave your comment below.
Bonus Entries: You must complete the main entry before any of the bonus entries!
- Tweet the following being sure to insert your tip “@stitchblade is hosting a @heb promotion and I suggest applying makeup (INSERT YOUR TIP HERE) #hebbeauty” You may do this one time, leave a comment here with the link to your tweet status. THIS IS GOOD FOR 3 ENTRIES! Post 3 COMMENTS!
- Become a fan of H-E-B. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Follow me on Twitter @stitchblade
- Tweet about this giveaway: “@stitchblade Revlon Giveaway! @heb http://bit.ly/fHnClc #Giveaway #Win” Leave a comment with the tweet status URL, you may do this up to 3 times per day but please space them out! I see people just tweeting one after another, don’t do that. Be sure to leave a comment for each tweet.
- Become a fan of Not So Average Mama on Facebook. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
- Become a fan of My Frugal Home on Facebook.
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook, please leave a comment with the URL to where you posted.(Daily Entry! Post it to your facebook everyday and earn an entry each time. Be sure to post a comment with the URL each time.)
- Follow me on Facebook Networked blogs located in my sidebar. (3 entries, post 3 comments for this)
This Giveaway will end on March 12th, 2011!
No compensation was received for this post. All opinions are my own. I did receive the products mentioned above as part of the H-E-B Beauty Blogger Program.