Teacher discounts don’t often receive the same attention as those specifically for students, but educators need not frown — there are plenty to be had.
Along with classroom supplies and other learned goodies like books, numerous teacher discounts are offered nationwide, ranging from laptops and Photoshop to museum entry and cell phone plans. Gift Card Granny has compiled a list of 66 top-notch discounts spanning nine categories, both online and off. A sampling:
- The Container Store: The organizational aficionados provide a 15 percent discount on all items through the Organized Teacher Program. Register online for a free discount card to use for in-store and online purchases. If you visit a store, be sure to have your school ID.
- Borders: Register for the Classroom Discount Card, a brand-spanking-new program that entitles librarians and teachers 25-percent off most purchases. The discount is for those who teach preschool to high school and available in-store only.
- The Limited: Show a school ID or valid pay stub when you shop at any The Limited location and snag 15-percent off your entire order. The offer is good for all items on the racks, walls or tables. In other words, everything.
- Bose: The Bose offer is prime, particularly for those in need of sonic stimulation. Variable discounts are available on all music systems and accessories. Call the Customer Focused Development Team at 1-800-353-4027 for pricing and to place an order.
- Cell Phone Companies (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile): This discount is a tad tricky to redeem but can save loads on a personal cell phone bill, sometimes up to 20 percent a month. Visit your providers business or discount portal and input your .edu e-mail address to check if your institution is registered. Example: Search “Verizon business discount” in an engine and click on the first result to check your discount or register.
- National Park Service: Show a valid school ID at a slew of National Park Service visitor centers across the nation and receive 15-percent off any purchase. The discount doesn’t apply to park entry or camping fees.
- John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art: Present a valid school ID at the box office to snag a discounted day pass at the estate-turned-gallery in Sarasota, Fla. The museum, named for John Ringling of Ringling Brothers circus fame, is located at 5401 Bay Shore Road.
The Gift Card Granny list provides information where a deal can be redeemed, how to register for certain reward programs and, of course, the extent of a discount. Rules and conditions change from store to store, yet nearly all of the 66 deals are available year-round for teachers of every brand, including elementary school, high school, university and home school. Download “The Complete List of 66 Teacher Discounts” to sooth these oft-neglected educators with something more rewarding than the routine “apple for teacher.”
This information was provided to me by Gift Card Granny.
Latest posts by Girl on Fire (see all)
- 4 Things You Need To Know When Moving Around Los Angeles - September 22, 2017
- How Moms Can Have a Perfect Christmas Too - September 21, 2017
- 7 Ways to Turn on the Romance This Christmas - September 19, 2017